I just got back a little while ago from checking out a guitar my friend is buying. It is a black Fender Tele with 3 humbuckers with Fender logo on them, black headstock with Fender Telecaster in white, mirrored pickguard, rosewood fingerboard, white bound body top and bottom, Strat type trem, 1 vol, 1 tone and a 3 pos toggle switch like a Les Paul. I did several searches and can't find one mention of these anywhere but I don't know model it is. I kind of wonder if it's a counterfeit or not. The guy is asking $550.00 for it. I wrote the serial number down but can't find it now all I remember was it started with MSZ and had 7 numbers after.

Thanks

John
its a mexican J5 tripple tele. if you would have given me the first digit after the MSZ I could tell you what year it is. like MSZ7 is mexican 2007 or 2008. half years have old numbers get it?
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

This one?

$380 for the Jap model.
Last edited by Vikingx at Sep 10, 2009,
Thanks, it might have been a 7 as the first number. The guy said he got it this year at GC and paid over $1000.00 for it. Great I did a search for J5 Triple and got a boat load of info.

I don't like Teles but it looks like a good deal I am calling my friend now and tell him to go for it.

John

Edit: That's it but I think the pickgaurd on the one we looked at was smoked. I could be wrong though. The lighting sucked at the guys studio.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Sep 10, 2009,
Where did you see them for $380.00? I can only find them priced at 1100 to 1200 bucks.
I have my friend on the phone and he wants to know.

John
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Thanks Guys! Well, he got it for $475.00 after negotiating half the night. I still don't like it but it is the best looking and sounding Tele I have seen and heard yet. The biggest improvement is it doesn't have that lame looking head stock.

A little off topic who the heck is John 5? Never heard of him until I did a little research on the guitar but I am still not sure why nthey would make a sig guitar of him.

John
I wouldn't call him a big time shredder, but he's definitely better than most people know. He used to play with Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie I think but his solo stuff is really good. Kinda Buckethead-ish.
Thanks, I have been listening to his stuff today and I think he's pretty good. I am amazed I never heard of him before.

John
I love John 5. Check out the Songs For Sanity album, it's my favorite. Damaged and Gein With Envy are great songs.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls