When you were younger and you heard deathmetal,blackmetal etc (basically any hardcore music) what did you refer to that as? What I mean is what genre of music did you think that was? I used to call it hard rock because at that time I didn't know much about music and I didn't know about this thing called "Google". Also did you think you would ever listen to that type of music? I thought that I would never listen to death metal because it was devil's music, but now I love it!
good music
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
i never really listened to it when i was younger, i started out nirvana then got more and more into heavier stuff
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
All those moons ago when I first got into metal, my parents called it "acid rock" and told me that it was "garbage noise". I had no conception of genres, I just called it "music that didn't suck".
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
I was around for the first metal, so nobody knew what it was called, the term heavy metal had not been coined yet...I forget the DJ that came up with that. I remember my parents buying me Deep purple Machine head when it first came out, i was like 10. It was pretty freaky, I started dreaming about getting a guitar, also Steppenwolf.
Quote by avafreak252
When you were younger and you heard deathmetal,blackmetal etc (basically any hardcore music) what did you refer to that as? What I mean is what genre of music did you think that was? I used to call it hard rock because at that time I didn't know much about music and I didn't know about this thing called "Google". Also did you think you would ever listen to that type of music? I thought that I would never listen to death metal because it was devil's music, but now I love it!

Black metal is hardcore now? sheesh
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
Black metal is hardcore now? sheesh

Sorry, I'm trying to say something else but I don't know how to word it lol.
Quote by avafreak252
Sorry, I'm trying to say something else but I don't know how to word it lol.

That's alright, I only said that because I was bored
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I've always called it metal. Although a lot of people I know still call it just 'hard rock'.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
He's refering to "extreme" music. Don't be a douche.

I called it metal, but I called anything with harsh vocals death metal. I thought Metallica and Nine Inch Nails were like, devil worshipping death metal bands, just from their names. Never heard them or saw them, just went off names.
Quote by Magero
He's refering to "extreme" music. Don't be a douche.

I believe I've already clarified my reason for being a douche above ^^^
Also, nice new avatar
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat