I have had my 6505 combo for a few months now and I got used to it and believe I know what it can do. I have heard other guys saying that they replaced the stock shetfield speakers in the combo for Celestions V30s. That's what I would like to do to clean up that sound a little more. Any tutorial on how this is done please would help me. I was also planning on sending it to Voodoo Amps to mod it to make it even better. They said that they only want the chassis. Does that mean that they want just the head part, do I have to spit it? I am sorry about the two questions but I just thought about it when I was typing this up.
My Stuff:

LTD-EC-1000
Ibanez RG350 ex

Line 6 Spider 2
Peavey 6505 212 Combo

ISP Decimator (G-String)
Maxon OD-808
just pop the bottom half of the back off and you'll see the speakers. i think the wires are just clipped on, i forget. unscrew the current speakers from the wood and unclip the wires from the lugs, screw in the new speaker and hook the clips back up to the proper lugs.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Thx man, I have taken the back off before, but I guess I over looked those screws. Thx for the tip I'll order a set of v30s in a fews days.
My Stuff:

LTD-EC-1000
Ibanez RG350 ex

Line 6 Spider 2
Peavey 6505 212 Combo

ISP Decimator (G-String)
Maxon OD-808
just make sure to note which lug the speaker wires lead to before you unclip them. if you put them back onto the wrong ones of the new speaker you'll throw off the ohm load which = not good.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Also keep in mind the Ohms of the current speakers.
V30s come in 8 and 16 ohms.
Be sure to get the right ones.
I'd like to replace the Sheffield 1290's in my 412 with V30's but four V30's is one hell of a chunk of change.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
To get the chassis out there should be 4 screws, one in each corner on the top. Just make sure you don't touch anything inside the chassis when you get it out. Also, I'm not sure if it's the case with 6505s but the heads of the screws may be on the grill side which would mean you have to get the grill off first.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
I have the Peavey 6505 combo too. I put two custom voiced V12 Legends in mine after I divorced the V30's. I did NOT like the tone of them in that combo. The V30 is a VERY mid voiced speaker, too much so for the 6505 imho. Some people love 'em, I did not. The legends are a scooped sounding speaker that meshed well with the 6505 voicing. Just a thought. There are other brands out there besides Celestion.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Man-O-War-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660068

These would be my first choice for a 6505, I love them. Nice throaty sound.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan