So I've ordered myself an Orange Dual Terror, a VERY awesome amp in my opinion. This may or may not be a stupid question, but regardless I know I don't know the answer hah. This goes for any low watt amp: Is there a way to boost up and amps wattage? Maybe using a power amp of sorts? I'm not really familiar with any of that, I used to use a Peavey 6505+ which had the volume/wattage and power, but I just couldn't get the tone that I wanted out of it.

Hopefully this is a stupid question and has a simple answer, or if not at least has a solution to what I'm looking to do. I know 30 watts out of an Orange is LOUD, but I want to make sure there is a way for me to boost the wattage of my Dual Terror if needed.

Any solutions?
Last edited by aokd00d at Sep 10, 2009,
use a power amp as a slave to the orange, assuming the orange has some other kind of output other than the normal powered out(ie. fx loop send, headphone out, ect.)
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I can almost guarantee you'll never need more than 30 tube watts, it's only like 9db quieter than a 100watt amp, and my 100watt amp can probably be heard from a mile away.

And yeah, as Justin said, if you really need more power.

Edit: Now that I think of it, it'd probably be much less than 9db difference. You wouldn't notice a difference between a 100watt amp and a 30watt amp (tube of course) through the same cab unless you like AB/Y'd them... Even then you still wouldn't notice it much.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Sep 10, 2009,
X10 watts = X2 volume

My Rebel 20 on 10 watts is half as loud as your 100 watt amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Turn up the gain or tone.

or if it does have an effects loop (the tiny terror didnt) you could turn up the effects loop level.

To be honest I think there better for the money, something with cleans.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Sep 10, 2009,
Judging by the loudness of the Tiny Terror, the Dual terror should be loud enough for anything.
The power stages in these amps can put out much more than the rated wattage, it just starts to break up a bit once you get past 12 o'clock on the volume.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Jesstaa
I can almost guarantee you'll never need more than 30 tube watts, it's only like 9db quieter than a 100watt amp, and my 100watt amp can probably be heard from a mile away.

And yeah, as Justin said, if you really need more power.

Edit: Now that I think of it, it'd probably be much less than 9db difference. You wouldn't notice a difference between a 100watt amp and a 30watt amp (tube of course) through the same cab unless you like AB/Y'd them... Even then you still wouldn't notice it much.

I cranked a 50 watt all tube amp to around 3 o clock and i could still hearmyself scream. Plus i was like, 1 foot away from the cab AND facing it
Is this for volume when gigging? Just mic it up to the P.A if it is for that.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Yea this is mainly for getting the volume I need at gigs and such. I'm sure the 30 watts could be plenty, I just wanted to have a backup plan if need be, since there are quite a few places that don't always mic amps and such. Also didn't know that wattage to volume ratio, if that's the case then maybe I won't have a problem at all hahah.
Last edited by aokd00d at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by stykerwolf
I cranked a 50 watt all tube amp to around 3 o clock and i could still hearmyself scream. Plus i was like, 1 foot away from the cab AND facing it

^^^^That's why I want to make sure I have a plan hahah. I know a 50 watt Orange or Marshall is different than say a 50 watt Crate or Ibanez, but I like to be prepared =)
So, like the Tiny Terror, the Dual Terror does not have an FX loop send or headphone out or any other output than the powered. Does that mean I can't use a power amp with it?
Quote by stykerwolf

What amp was that?

Either you scream really loudly, or something's wrong with the amp or there's something wrong with your hearing.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.