Well, at this point in time, my guitar, a Schecter Bloodmoon, has some Duncans in it (not sure of the actual models), and they can be coil taped to go single coil via pulling up the tone knob (for those who don't know what it is exactly).

My question is, because I play in a metal band, I'm thinking of putting a little more... OOMPH in my guitar, maybe some Duncan black outs... but if I do this, will I loose my coil tap function? ( I do use it for school work, like blues projects and such, not to mention it sounds better clean tapped)

Thanks.
we all know it takes a REAL man to hate some one BETTER THAN YOU
blackouts can't be split or tapped.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Oh... So I would have to find some pick ups that are metal toned, but can still be tapped?
either go with some 4 cond. passive pups or EMG makes the 89 and 81tw that will work for what you want.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Man, duncans are metal toned. Unless you're using a solid state amp, switching to really high output active pickups will lose a lot of tone and natural feel.

Try some Duncan Distortion passives, they sound really nice, have some oomph, but they're passive and have the 4 conductor cable.

Ahh, they're duncan designed, that may explain that.

Check out the seymour duncan websites demos, especially the Duncan Distortion, compare it to the SD-4 (which is a really nice natural sounding metal pickup) and see what I mean about oomph.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Sep 10, 2009,
Thank you!!! I'll watch some vids now .
Have a listen to Iron Gear Hot Slag pups. Plenty of Oomph but still capable of giving lovely blues tones. If you can't find a local stockist, Iron Gear will send by mail order and still cost much less than Duncans, DiMarzio or Bareknuckles.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x