Hi all,

My bass teacher recently bought at a garage sale what appears to be a Precision bass copy, made by BC Rich. Its natural, with prominent grain and a rosewood fretboard, topped with a white pickguard.

It needs a setup, but its rather light, and doesn't sound too shabby, so I'm thinking of buying it and doing it up as a project bass.

The problem is, Ive never seen a BC Rich P bass copy, so I wouldnt know what to pay for it.

The only marking are "BC Rich Bronze series" on the headstock.

Has anyone seen something like this before, or have any idea how much it would be worth (Australian dollars)?

Thanks,
Brodie.
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
I couldn't find a thing on them on the net, and I'm only going to pay about $170AU at most.

Like I said, its only as a basis to upgrade.
Quote by LordBishek
I think you should get a solid foundation bass, with a good body and neck and better quality.
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
It seems quite well built, theres not major flaws in its fit and finish, and the factory pickup is actually decent sounding, nice and crisp.

Does anyone know where I can find some more info?
Quote by LordBishek
Quote by sonsie
I think you should get a solid foundation bass, with a good body and neck and better quality.

That's what it is.

Sadly, there's not a lot of info on BCR Bronzes out there. I don't imagine they inspire that much loyalty.
Well I heard BC Riches have a knack for being of poor quality, especially the lower series, and if the bronze series is the lowest then there might be a bit of a problem there.
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
TS says it seems ok to him, so lets go with that, eh?

Bronze BCR's appear to have variable build quality, if the comments on UG and elsewhere are anything to go by. Despite what you might have heard, BCR's aren't all rubbish...