Ahuh... It's true.

I'm interested in making myself a LP shaped guitar for my HSC project next year for D&T.

The reason being, I used to have a Epiphone Les Paul studio custom (alpine white ofcoarse) with a Floyd Rose trem system, and some unknown pick ups.... mahogany body.... the most metal thing I've ever owned.

But the set neck gave way, and off came my head stock, and now it's erm.... quite the ****ed.

I want another one (my Schecter is great and all, but not as dark toned as my old LP.) and so.... I need to know how to do it exactly.... I'm going to be buying myself a bolt on neck for it, and I want the body to be made of mahogany too.

All I need is the plans, so would any one have some, or a link to some?

And if any one would know how much this would set me back, it might be great if you could tell me (I'm unsure of what pick ups I want yet.) so I can start saving.

Thank you.
we all know it takes a REAL man to hate some one BETTER THAN YOU
a friend of mine made a strat buy he found the neck to hard to make so he just went and bought a new neck off ebay
The price depends on what woods/hardware/pickups you use, where you get them from and where you live. I'm in Australia, and my first build has so far cost me close to AU$1000. Most of that was the wood (400 I think for the purpleheart and a mahogany neckthru blank, with shipping from the US)
first- you can fix your epiphone easily. it'd take me 5 minutes.

second, what is your build plan, hmmm?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by innertom
a friend of mine made a strat buy he found the neck to hard to make so he just went and bought a new neck off ebay

necks are hard to make?!?!?!

necks are just as easy (if not easier) to make than bodies... Each step isn't rocket science it's just time consuming if you don't have the right equipment.

Start to finish I could have a neck blank scarfed, and routed and a fingerboard slotted and ready for glue in like 2 hours hours (not including glue dry time). The shaping takes a little while but only if you're anal about your profiles like I am... The part I hate is cutting a nut... those things stink.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
necks are hard to make?!?!?!

necks are just as easy (if not easier) to make than bodies... Each step isn't rocket science it's just time consuming if you don't have the right equipment.

Start to finish I could have a neck blank scarfed, and routed and a fingerboard slotted and ready for glue in like 2 hours hours (not including glue dry time). The shaping takes a little while but only if you're anal about your profiles like I am... The part I hate is cutting a nut... those things stink.

ohh, man you give me so much hope that if i make a 8 string that i wont fark up the neck!

cos 8 string necks are kinda hard to buy from ebay
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
just as easy to make as a 6 string neck

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
just as easy to make as a 6 string neck

well there would be more tension, ect...

ohh and i just worked out why all the builds that are done for school, usualy come out natural/stained...

because how would you mark the joins and stuff, if it was painted over?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
more tension = use carbon fiber rods or dual truss rods... not rocket science .

Quote by metal-matt
ohh and i just worked out why all the builds that are done for school, usualy come out natural/stained...

because how would you mark the joins and stuff, if it was painted over?
Progress pictures? lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
TS, if the headstock has just snapped off you can easily fix it with some titebond and some clamps. Someone will post the full process soon most likely. There a few tutorials on the internet to teach you how to do it.