Poll: Which do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you prefer?
Real Amp
40 95%
Amp Emulator?
2 5%
Voters: 42.
Would you rather play the electric guitar with a real amp or something like Guitar Rig?

chedit: Poll up.
Last edited by chaoticfables at Sep 10, 2009,
real amp. i play through ReValver sometimes though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Can I choose microwave? I want to play mine through a microwave.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by innertom
real amp > everything

Can your amp cook a hot pocket?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Can your amp cook a hot pocket?

i wouldn't own one if it couldn't.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Can I choose microwave? I want to play mine through a microwave.
or a vending machine.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 10, 2009,
both are good in their own ways and both have their own place. for tone i like nothing more than a nice tube amp that i can crank all the way up. for convenience i like effects processors. i live in very close proximity to my neighbors who complain about any noise at night. the only solution i've found is to play through rig emulators with headphones.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
I've been playing through Mainstage all night, and now that I can use my amp it's like I can finally crap after standing in a public pool for 8 hours.
I've never played through anything other then a real amp, so my opinion is skewed, and my vote shows that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
or a vending machine.

Woop, my amp on the left of the drum riser Alex Lifeson is awesome

Edit: Oh, and I voted real amp because live it is unparalleled and I prefer the sound of my amp in the studio because I literally just like the sound more than any sound I've found on software-based simulators. I'd also point out, that it would be harder to choose between a good software-based setup and a modelling/solid-state amp, though the amp would be cheaper than a good setup probably in which case it would be a case of whichever was available.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Sep 10, 2009,