Hey guys, some friends and I are forming a band when we get back from deployment and the fact of the matter is we're beginners. None of us have ever been in a recording, gigging, functional band so we need some help. Individual gear isn't an issue, but I'm particularly clueless about live equipment. Do I need a PA system? What brands of mics and mic equipment should I look at/stay away from? That sort of thing...

Also, are there any decent threads, sites, or articles you could direct me to? Because, honestly, even though these boards are good places for learners to learn, I feel bad wasting anybody's time with newbie ****, because I know how it is.

Thanks for anything,
Zach
Quote by Xachary
Hey guys, some friends and I are forming a band when we get back from deployment and the fact of the matter is we're beginners. None of us have ever been in a recording, gigging, functional band so we need some help. Individual gear isn't an issue, but I'm particularly clueless about live equipment. Do I need a PA system? What brands of mics and mic equipment should I look at/stay away from? That sort of thing...

Also, are there any decent threads, sites, or articles you could direct me to? Because, honestly, even though these boards are good places for learners to learn, I feel bad wasting anybody's time with newbie ****, because I know how it is.

Thanks for anything,
Zach

Hey Zach, gigging is a lot easier than you think. You don't need to purchase a PA or Mics. Most venues will have these. Just make sure you have a decent setup loud enough for small gigs where the PA and micing won't be available.

If you have more questions, feel free to pm me.
WTLTL 2011