I have recently been watching Louis Theroux's series on things such as the ridiculous UFO, hypnotists, and philadelphia cultures. I usually hate documentaries but these are actually interesting/funny. Does anyone know any other series of documentaries which are in the vein of Louis?
Bullshit!

Maybe not that much of a documentary but it has it's elements:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346369/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Sep 10, 2009,
Life on Earth is amazing to see how big and varied our planet is, and how we're affecting it.

While not exactly a proper documentary, i like 'Long Way Round' and 'Long Way Down' because it shows how people live in different places over the world first hand as the people travel through there.
Quote by Kensai
Bullshit!

Maybe not that much of a documentary but it has it's elements:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346369/

...They claim that second hand smoke isn't bad for people. And that Wal-Mart is awesome.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by logboy
While not exactly a proper documentary, i like 'Long Way Round' and 'Long Way Down' because it shows how people live in different places over the world first hand as the people travel through there.

While I'd happily watch Ewan McGregor in anything, I thought both those programmes were missed opportunities. It fell into a trap of concentrating too much on McGregor and Boorman, with their bikes, rather than concentrating enough on the stories of the locals. It all felt a bit half-hearted really..
i found this interesting

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823154/
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The new BBC series Land of the Volcano (IIRC) has been quite good, even though its only had one episode so far.

Agreed, their last series was great as well. Their enthusiasm is quite infectious.

Oh, and The Choir ; Unsung Town is great too. Gareth Malone is just

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mk568
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Them tiny parrots were awesome little mo'f*ckers.

Those white crabs creeped me out a bit.
Louis Theroux is fantastic. I love watching WWII documentaries, and that new BBC South Pacific one looks incredible but I don't have the channel for it

Anything by David Attenborough actually, I have so much respect for that man.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
If you can get round his obvious attack on the US all the time Michael Moore has some interesting stuff.
'Superskinny me' is an excellent documentary.

There is so much shit on television that just makes people with eating disorders look like shallow idiots, and it was good to see something that goes past that. It's two journalists racing to get to size double zero, but Kate Spicer develops a food addiction as a result and becomes bulimic. She had to leave the documentary and go into therapy.

Quote by JackalUK
If you can get round his obvious attack on the US all the time Michael Moore has some interesting stuff.

The documentary where he goes to Westboro in a massive pink caravan full of gays was hilarious.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I have recently been watching Louis Theroux's series on things such as the ridiculous UFO, hypnotists, and philadelphia cultures. I usually hate documentaries but these are actually interesting/funny. Does anyone know any other series of documentaries which are in the vein of Louis?

Another series which is somewhat in the same style (no bull****) is "Ross kemp in Afghanistan"
Also, Louis Theroux have done a lot of different shows, sure you've seen them all?
¯|(°_o)/¯
I think I remember this one documentary about a bipolar child but the name escapes me...
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Thanks heaps for the replies, ill check em out.

I forgot about Bullshit!, I'll look out for it.

Also I have seen both Long way Round and Long way on dvd and loved them both.

EDIT: ^^ Please find the name. I watched a show about bipolar kids the other day and it was fascinating.

Doubleedit: Just youtubed Lost Land of the volcano. Giant rats Looks awesome so far. "he's just like a little puppy"
Last edited by Hybrid_Xer0 at Sep 10, 2009,
Oh yea, I watched one about a Romanian children's home, that was fucking amazing/creepy/interesting/terrifying.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
best documentaries ever:

Lord Clark's civilisation
All of david attenborough's
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
That's It, That's All, it's a snowboarding documentary... kind of. It does meet your criteria of interesting.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
The "Ross Kemp on gangs" series is pretty nice.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by Don_Humpador
While I'd happily watch Ewan McGregor in anything, I thought both those programmes were missed opportunities. It fell into a trap of concentrating too much on McGregor and Boorman, with their bikes, rather than concentrating enough on the stories of the locals. It all felt a bit half-hearted really..

A friend of my uncle lives in malawi and met McGregor and Boorman when they passed through, they stayed overnight at his travel lodge thing and he sat and had a beer with them both, he said Ewan is a really nice, down-to-earth typical scotsman, he even got to ride his bike.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0

Also I have seen both Long way Round and Long way on dvd and loved them both.

I was just going to recommend those. They're so awesome, although I felt Long way Round was way better than Long way down. It seems so cozy in eastern Russia.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Heima is quite good, I think that might count
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Religulous is a great movie. I saw it a month ago and I loved it. Bill Maher is a badass.
I came into this thread to say Louis Theroux is the man, but it seems you guys got that covered.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Keep watching Louis. His doc' on vegas was good in particular. Yes Bill Maher is quite good, more funny that factual, but religulous is worth a watch for the lulz.
But if you're in the UK, Dispatches usually is top notch. I'm not a big fan of BBC's Panorama, it's a bit more restrained than 4 usually, and does less world affairs.
Channel 5 if you want to see some strange human deformity usually!

UK is well catered for in terms of documentaries.

EDIT, oh, Australia, well try get those if you can!

Here's Religulous
Last edited by vitchb at Sep 10, 2009,
i like documentaries about music and art.
things like DIG!, the devil and daniel johnston, the cats of mirikitani.

also ted is great for short interesting talks. http://www.ted.com/

edit:also The ascent of man, its old and some parts are outdated but there are some really intersing points. plus its funny seeing bronowski wearing a full suit on top of mountains and in rainforests.
Last edited by Ikey at Sep 10, 2009,