So... yesterday i decided to give a shot at recording and this is what i came up with... It's not my best effort but i hadn't played in months and this is all i could do now. Plus, i had written this song on TuxGuitar not too long ago, even if it's not finished yet.

Anyway... I went ahead and used a Laguna LG4CE-BUB Acoustic Electric for the verses (plugged in, not mic'ed), a Fender Tele MIM with dealy & phaser on clean in the verses too, a Limited Edition Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst running dirty in the choruses, and a Squier Special Edition P Bass; all these were run into a Line 6 POD X3 Live and recorded with Reaper. The drums were written out in TuxGuitar, exported as a midi, then changed to mp3 format using a program called Direct Midi To Mp3 Converter and imported into Reaper.

All effects were done using the Pod and only used some volume leveling, eq'ing, and compression with Reaper.

EDIT: it's in my profile
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 10, 2009,
Holy crap dude, I thought this was great, all the instruments sounded great, esspecially the bass, it had a lot of impact on the song, then the distorted guitar sounded great as well, it really broke down the calmness of the verse and got you pumped up, I would of liked it to be a bit longer and with a solo, but overall I would call this a professional recording. I give kudos to you
Quote by ethan_hanus
Holy crap dude, I thought this was great, all the instruments sounded great, esspecially the bass, it had a lot of impact on the song, then the distorted guitar sounded great as well, it really broke down the calmness of the verse and got you pumped up, I would of liked it to be a bit longer and with a solo, but overall I would call this a professional recording. I give kudos to you

Thanks man... you'd be surprised what my "studio" looks like. I'll go ahead and upload a pic of it when i get home in about an hour... I still have yet to work on this since i'm thinking of going into a breakdown and then a solo maybe.

Quote by ethan_hanus
Lol, you should see my studio, its consists of my room, a usb mic, my computer and a tube amp. I'm poor.lol

Ah... i remember those days. Right now i've got:
Laguna LG4CE-BUB Acoustic Electric
Fender Standard Tele MIM
Limited Edition Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Squier Special Edition P Bass

They're all running into this:
Digitech Whammy IV
Ernie Ball VP JR. Volume Pedal
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Rocktron Banshee Talkbox
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator (in pod's effects loop)
Digitech JamMan Looper
Sennheiser E835 Vocal Mic
Peavey XR8600 Powered Mixer
2 Peavey PR15 Speakers

Also... i'm surprised anyone liked the bass. To be honest i'm not too fond of it and i hadn't played bass in about 2 1/2 years. I'm gonna try to make a breakdown, solo, chorus, outro and attempt to sing!

Thanks guys... i really appreciate the comments.

Oh, and btw... there isn't much i can do about the drums. What do you mean by making it sound more natural? I actually had already eq'ed it in Reaper because the original sounded too deep/hollow.

it reminded me of tom petty. it needs vocals. great recording and playing though. i liked this allot. very cetchy. this sounded very deep to me, and i could tell you put allot of emotion into the playing. i like the low bass notes/sound. very pink floydish. great great playing. that was realy rockinh, i started to tap my foot along with the music. like you said with vocals and a breakdown ect, this would be ace. nice job man./ i like youre studio by the way lol. it looks better then mine.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21570507#post21570507