Back when I first started to get serious about electric guitar I went to sam ash and bought a fender strat because that's the only name I'd heard of. I bought a graffiti yellow fender stratocaster 48th street custom. It's served me well for 7 years and I haven't many complaints about it, but here's the problem...now that I know more about guitars and what not, I want to know the specs of my strat. Whenever I look online however, I cannot find information about it. I'm looking for information about the wood and the pickups. Why is it that it's so hard to find? Also, is anyone else an owner of this strat?
Use the serial number on your guitar - there are several websites that give information based on these numbers.
cws92
Would you mind posting a site that does this sort of thing? It'd be greatly appreciated
In 7 years you dont know what wood strats are mad out of?

In terms of pickups and depending of the configuration there arnt to many combinations of pickups that can be on your strat.

Perhaps if u were to post a pic of the strat you might get a better response from the forum. Others can see whats on it may be able to recognise some of its features.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

here's a quote from a user review at harmony central

found here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fender+48th+street+strat

Product: Fender 48th Street Custom Strat
Price Paid: US $407
Submitted 05/15/2003 at 12:44pm by Anonymous

Features : 8
This axe was made in 2003, it is a MIM Strat. There are 21 frets on this poplar solid top. The controls are the standard strat controls; volume, tone (body single coil), tone (middle single coil) with a five-way selector switch. The pickups are S/S/H and are Fender Custom Tex-Mex. Passive electronics. As previously mentioned, the body is made of Poplar with with a solid maple neck as nice as any USA Strat) and rosewood fingerboard. The finish is spectacular. Way better than it should be given it's price. Candy Apple Red with a deep glossy finish that really looks awesome. I love the way it looks under intense lighting with the depth of the finish & the white Moto pickguard. Obviously, the body stlye is classic Strat. The bridge is a vintage Strat trem.. It works OK, though it lifts at the tail if tuned up. It also is not super-stable as far as holding tune during heavy use of the trem (it's no Floyd Rose), but I don't really use it much, so it's more than adequate for my needs. Still I am considering either the Fender "Hipshot" middle spring upgrade (which helps solve this to a degree) or possible a bridge swap w/a USA Strat bridge. The tuners are Sperzel-type vintage strat units (square) that work very well indeed. The neck has a nice "C" to it and fits perfectly in my hand.

does that help?

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Sorry I was unclear. I found the specs. I'm now just wondering if anyone else owns or knows someone who ones one. I've asked a lot of people and it seems to be a rarity. I'll post a pic later.
Quote by r3h0ld3r
Back when I first started to get serious about electric guitar I went to sam ash and bought a fender strat because that's the only name I'd heard of. I bought a graffiti yellow fender stratocaster 48th street custom. It's served me well for 7 years and I haven't many complaints about it, but here's the problem...now that I know more about guitars and what not, I want to know the specs of my strat. Whenever I look online however, I cannot find information about it. I'm looking for information about the wood and the pickups. Why is it that it's so hard to find? Also, is anyone else an owner of this strat?

No, your post was pretty clear....

As an Afterthought, you added "Also, is anyone else an owner of this strat?"

And apparently, there are many people who own them and have submitted reviews on harmony central.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by r3h0ld3r
Ok then. Does anyone here own one or know anyone that does?

I was referring to this post, but apparently a friendly conversation on this topic is unwelcome here. I'll stop inquiring about it at once. Have a good day.
Quote by r3h0ld3r
I was referring to this post, but apparently a friendly conversation on this topic is unwelcome here. I'll stop inquiring about it at once. Have a good day.

Who's being unfriendly?

Quite contrary, I've been trying to be very helpfull.

I've provided answers to your questions about what kind of wood and pickups the guitar has.

I've provided a location where you can read reviews made by other people who own the 48th street custom strat.

I've responded appropriately to all your inquiries.

If you call that unfriendly, well.......

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 14, 2009,
You have been helpful. I was just looking to see if anyone else owned one that was yellow. Mine is yellow and only one review on harmony central says theirs is yellow. It seems that it has been discontinued. I suppose it doesn't matter.