So, I found a peavey transtube series 112, i looks a bit old, at my local store. it's new and costs 200euros..about 290 dollars. is it any good?

I play my WRXT throught a Mg30 and a Metal zone, and I was thinking about buying trhe Vypyer 75. I couldn´t try the transtube out
I have owned one of these for a couple years. I would say that it does most kinds of clean you could want very nicely, and the overdrive channel without the gain switch and just about 30% pre-gain gives a very nice light distortion saturation. It does higher gain stuff alright, but it's no mesa boogie or anything. Pedals are a great help when you're trying to get a metal tone and shape it, so it's good that you have the metal zone. I guess if you think that having a ton of different kind of sounds at your disposal would be more usueful than 3 or 4 reliable tones then that's what makes the choice between the vypr and the bandit 112. You really NEED to try it out before you buy it, though. That seems only fair to me.
Yeah, what that guy said. Try it out first. I have one but it doesn't work, my brother used it with his bass. I got mine way cheaper than that but I bought it from a friend. Seems a bit expensive, it should be like 250USD.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Obama FTW
Yeah, what that guy said. Try it out first. I have one but it doesn't work, my brother used it with his bass. I got mine way cheaper than that but I bought it from a friend. Seems a bit expensive, it should be like 250USD.
It's 300 USD.

Are you talking about the Bandit? The Bandit is one of the few good solid-states out there nowadays.

The cleans kind of suck, but if you throw a chorus pedal in there it will sound better.

The distortion is great IMO, though it takes a lot of tweaking to get a good sound. The Bandit screams metal, especially death metal. However, it can do other forms of metal like thrash pretty good. The Bandit can also do rock styles and blues styles. I don't use any pedal except for a noise gate and an EQ pedal, no distortion pedal in the chain, and I can get a pretty good thrash tone.

The amp kind of hisses when you do high gain stuff at high volumes mind you, so I'd invest in a noise gate.

I'd reccomend it. You won't need the metalzone. It's a crap pedal anyways.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Sep 10, 2009,
I don´t really need good cleans, to play mellow stuff I use my acoustic, a good distortion for metal is what I need. I don't know if it's the Bandit, it just says "transtube series 112"
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
It's 300 USD.

Are you talking about the Bandit? The Bandit is one of the few good solid-states out there nowadays.

The cleans kind of suck, but if you throw a chorus pedal in there it will sound better.

The distortion is great IMO, though it takes a lot of tweaking to get a good sound. The Bandit screams metal, especially death metal. However, it can do other forms of metal like thrash pretty good. The Bandit can also do rock styles and blues styles. I don't use any pedal except for a noise gate and an EQ pedal, no distortion pedal in the chain, and I can get a pretty good thrash tone.

The amp kind of hisses when you do high gain stuff at high volumes mind you, so I'd invest in a noise gate.

I'd reccomend it. You won't need the metalzone. It's a crap pedal anyways.

Oh, I didn't have a Bandit. I have a Peavey Transtube 112 EFX. But I think they're very much alike.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I use to own an Envoy 110 - which is the 1x10 version of the TransTube series. It was an amazing amp, one of the best SS amps that I've heard.

I say go for it.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I use to own an Envoy 110 - which is the 1x10 version of the TransTube series. It was an amazing amp, one of the best SS amps that I've heard.

I say go for it.

my problem is, I play iron maiden,slipknot,trivium,... and tweeking the metal zone its not easy
I have an Express 112 and it works pretty well.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I remember now, it was the Transtube Series Studio Pro 112..any one as any experience?
Quote by tasanhalas
I remember now, it was the Transtube Series Studio Pro 112..any one as any experience?
I heard good things.

Get it.