Hey all
I have been reading the crusade articles on music theory and am unclear on something and am looking for help. I would use the search funtion but am unsure what keywords to use to find what im looking for so i figure a thread may be able to answer the questions i have.

Am i right in thinking that the C major scale is C D EF etc.. so the 2nd note would be the D (root note being C on the 8th fret D on the 5th fret) then the 3rd note E (7th fret)? is that the way the scale is made? So then the scale would look like

C Major Scale

|--------------------------5-7-9
|--------------------5-6-8------
|--------------4-5-7------------
|----------5-7------------------
|----5-7-8----------------------
|--8----------------------------

Is that a Correct C Major scale? Am i on the right track? Sorry again if this is a stupid and simple question but i am still a little hazzy on how to construct a scale correctly and think that after every note in the scale, once you either get to the 12th fret or a note out of sequance you change strings is that right?

any help would be appreciated greatly
C major scale is indeed C D E F G A B
but its more useful to think in terms of intervals....

in your tab ur last note is wrong, it should end on the 8th fret E string , ie C
Don't make me sick into my own scorn
____

If ya don't give a sh!t ya getcha hellyeah
Throwin' fists in the pit ya getcha hellyeah
Think you're f~ckin' with this well hell no.
Balls, volume, strength getcha' come on!
Thanks for the quick reply, I remember thinking when i wrote the tab tofinish on the 8th lol rookie typo haha
easily done
yeah what I meant to say was that as well as learning traditional fingerings for the major scale, learn the intervals that make up the scale too - its really important , the intervals define the sound of the scale (and helps you understand how chords are constructed too).
Don't make me sick into my own scorn
____

If ya don't give a sh!t ya getcha hellyeah
Throwin' fists in the pit ya getcha hellyeah
Think you're f~ckin' with this well hell no.
Balls, volume, strength getcha' come on!
A scale isn't patterns. A scale is a group of intervals, or notes if you will. That's why you learn the notes on the fretboard so you're able to identify the scale ALL over the neck, and not as patterns.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
cheers man , i was reading the interval lessons before as well (trying to read all of them) I was just a bit hazzy on the scales but understand how intervals work fairly well i think, sometimes i find when learn something i can understand some parts and others i just need something to happen then they all click together i think it's 'clicked' for this
Just keep at. It might seem complicated at first, but it will soon become second nature.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane