Not sure what guitar I should start saving up for first. I know that I want to have both in the future though

I love Hendrix/SRV/Radiohead/Gary Moore/Snow Patrol/KOL

I also love Gilbert/Vai/Muse/Racer X but I have my RG550 and PGM301 for those tones.

I'd be running them through my Orange Rockerverb 50

Here is the tele I'd get, a 1952 vintage telecaster

The strat. MIA 3 toneburst maple neck

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Sep 10, 2009,
I think you should get a strat...

But you should play both at the store and buy the model that you think it's better.
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion
strat =blerghhhhhhhhhhh

telecaster= the godliest fender you will ever own
I think you'll get more versatility out of the Strat...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
That's tough... IMO everyone needs a good Strat. And everyone needs a good Tele. Personally I'd rather get that particular Tele than that particular Strat. I don't have a Tele yet, but I'd get one just like that.

Off-topic - You have a FIREMAN in production and you have enough money to think about this??!? Jeez.
Go with the tele because the strat is more similar to your RG and PGM. You can get strat-like tones in positions 2-4 on the 5-way switch but you can't get anywhere near a tele tone.
Quote by stratman7
That's tough... IMO everyone needs a good Strat. And everyone needs a good Tele. Personally I'd rather get that particular Tele than that particular Strat. I don't have a Tele yet, but I'd get one just like that.

Off-topic - You have a FIREMAN in production and you have enough money to think about this??!? Jeez.

It's being made by a luthier not Ibanez

http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=17913
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12