There is virtually nothing and no one normal that is portrayed in a normal light in art, and if it is so, that normalcy is used to highlight the absurdness or distinctiveness of something else. Yet I think to accept that one is normal is necessary to make peace with oneself, so to speak. It would not be an average if most people were not of that standard which makes them average, in the first place. I think I feel saddened, even insulted, by the fact that I am normal, and nothing I can do will change that. Maybe this is a need for retaliation, or maybe it's like a jolt on a cheek, that I need too to lash out against others as to why they are normal, when they are. Maybe I just want to bring down people I should not bring down to my "level", what level is that I don't even know what it is. I don't know.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more like?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I think the feeling of repulsion to normality is caused by a strive to become significant and useful to society. People need to feel useful in order to feel good. It makes them feel that they have some role to play in this world. If someone is "normal", they feel that they are being compared to everyone else, making them seem replaceable and therefore insignificant. It reminds people that after they die, there will be nothing left. Even memories will fade. They will have achieved nothing.
at first I thought it would be about someone leaving the pit but after reading I was like:

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
But you're not normal....You're beautiful.
We are humans...We're on top of the food chain...We can perform anal sex.
We can be as normal or different as we want to be.

Conformity is a bitch though.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by sashki
I think the feeling of repulsion to normality is caused by a strive to become significant and useful to society. People need to feel useful in order to feel good. It makes them feel that they have some role to play in this world. If someone is "normal", they feel that they are being compared to everyone else, making them seem replaceable and therefore insignificant. It reminds people that after they die, there will be nothing left. Even memories will fade. They will have achieved nothing.

yes, exactly. It seems like the only solace I can get is that I am what I am, I can feel the things I feel and no one else can. It makes for something quite selfish, though. For example, why should I care of what happens to someone if i'm not experiencing it in the first place?

of course, that essentially makes me an asshole, and I probably shouldn't tell anybody of it, in order for them to not shun me, but isn't that a rational thought?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
.It would be impossible to carry on with our frenetic lifestyles without cars, trucks, burger kings, mc donalds, trains, planes.etc...But this has become so much a part of our lifestyle that we tend to willingly ignore the consequences it has on nature....I think i can safely say that Global Warming is due to endless factory emissions and automobile exhaust gases...

Yes it would seem absurd to not have cars and automobiles and junk food...

But we have to ask ourselves whether we are leading our collective frantic lifestyles off a cliff...off the edge...Until the earth cannot take it anymore...Until we self destruct.... derp

Sometimes technological de-evolution is better than advancement if it results in destruction.

But it is unthinkable isnt it?

Or...Is it?
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

EXACTLY what I was gunna say
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
"Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine. It doesn't actually exist. There are "norms," but not "normal."
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
"Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine. It doesn't actually exist. There are "norms," but not "normal."

hah. well, on mine it's "moderate".
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
yes, exactly. It seems like the only solace I can get is that I am what I am, I can feel the things I feel and no one else can. It makes for something quite selfish, though. For example, why should I care of what happens to someone if i'm not experiencing it in the first place?

of course, that essentially makes me an asshole, and I probably shouldn't tell anybody of it, in order for them to not shun me, but isn't that a rational thought?

It's in our nature to be selfish in that way, if you can call that behaviour selfish.
How could any creature survive if it was indifferent to its own life?

There's nothing wrong with doing things your own way. You're still human. There may be things which make us all different, but there's also a lot that we all share.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious
Nobody is normal. Everybody has his/her own strange things. Some are just able to hide it better than others.
Don't worry man. Your not normal if you think you aren't. What seperates normal and non is thinking for yourself, and not giving into peer/society pressures.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
Don't worry man. Your not normal if you think you aren't. What seperates normal and non is thinking for yourself, and not giving into peer/society pressures.

It seems to me that everyone considers themselves "normal", but no-one considers themselves a "conformist"
Quote by shattamakar
...I think i can safely say that Global Warming is due to endless factory emissions and automobile exhaust gases...

incorrect. but we are still polluting the environment regardless and it should try to be mitigated as much as possible. i completely agree with your other points.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
incorrect. but we are still polluting the environment regardless and it should try to be mitigated as much as possible. i completely agree with your other points.

Why Thank you

I felt like writing that even though it was off topic by light years
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by dustyboy316

+1

True as hell.
When it comes down to it, Its our thought processes that set us apart.
Self realization is something that many people never achieve...And thus by default you are different.

But Im still a little confused about whether you mean Conformity or Normalcy.
Enlighten me.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by Laces Out Danny

Why can't you be comfortable in who you are, normal, ambitious and loving all at the same time?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to