Hello, here i am with a new project, this time i had an idea of restoring as much as possible the color of a Les Paul faded by use and by tarnished and nicotine abuse.

The victime was my 1990 to 1958 Les Paul, at first i was very scared, but ofter doing a slow...and i say very slow process of delicate attention the result came out very nice and i'm totally pleased with this. I'll keep the ingredients and procedure a secret for now. :hmm

Original guitar color as purchased:

Restored:

Nico.
Quote by Tedis1111
personally i preffered it how it was but htat just me

Thanks, the good thing is that it will eventually get back to its former condition......with time.
Quote by nicolasrivera
Thanks, the good thing is that it will eventually get back to its former condition......with time.

hell refinish it again, it looks cool this way and if u prefer it then hell keep it htat
IMO, it was better before. Still sexy, but the wearing looks a little overdone on this one.

Still, though - that's a gorgeous guitar. You've got a real knack for this relicing stuff.
Quote by Tedis1111
hell refinish it again, it looks cool this way and if u prefer it then hell keep it htat

stop saying "htat" please

I liked it better before - it kinda looked more vintagey before imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Oh no, you ruined the vintage look! Noooooooooooooes!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I thought it was gonna look stupidly new but you did a great job of recoloring it without making it lose its old age effect.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
whilst the aging job is very well done, something about it keeps it from looking like a vintage les paul to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, I think it has to do with the top carve.

but regardless, it's a well done job.
That looks disgusting. I wouldn't touch that guitar without having gloves on.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
can someone perma ban this guy all he does is make threads then keep bumping them new pics months after he posted htem
That's a shame. It was BEAUTIFUL before. Now it looks like you smeared shoe polish all over it.
Quote by phoenix_crush
dude stop bumping this thread, no one needs more pictures

Well lost of members have asked for more images in PM, so there you go, more to come next month or 2.
Quote by wildyoda2
That's a shame. It was BEAUTIFUL before. Now it looks like you smeared shoe polish all over it.

No shame dude, your shame maybe.

I love this guitar more then any other i have in my collection, it has the best look and sound i could ever want from a Les Paul, it is my true dream Les Paul.
Quote by nicolasrivera
Well lost of members have asked for more images in PM, so there you go, more to come next month or 2.

It's a very nice guitar but we don't need more photos every two months.

*reported*
I don't know how many times we've gone over this.
If you keep using UG as your personal photobucket site you will be banned. Last warning. There's a sticky for gear pics, use it.