I've narrowed down my choices to a Peavey Classic 30 or a Laney L5T-112 but can't really decide between them. The Classic 30 is slightly cheaper and smaller...

Also what are peoples views on the Fender Blues Deluxe and the Orange Tiny Terror?
Gibson SG Special

Laney VC30

Visual Sound Route 66
Sparkle Drive
Crybaby
Fv-50
DD-20
Korg Pitchblack
I wouldn't get the Tiny Terror for cleans, but defo look at some Fender amps. I'm not sure that you'll get proper cleans from those amps, but yeah.

I suppose you could look at Sound City amps as well; they're just Hiwatts, but cheaper, and have a nice clean tone.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
For nice cleans, you can't go wrong with a Fender Deluxe.

Don't let the cheaper price fool you, the C30 is nice as well.

I've never heard the tiny terror, but it's a very different amp.
It's class A 15 watts. I think it would be harder to get good clean at high volume..
But it does have a switch to go from 15 to 7 watts. That could be usefull for bedroom level playing.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
What do you mean by "nice cleans?" There're more descriptive words than nice. Do you want clean cleans - absolutely spotless, with not a hint of dirt? Or perhaps, a little bit gainy, so that really pounding the strings will give it just a bit of overdrive? Thick and warm, or thin and bright?

Specifics, man.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you mean by "nice cleans?" There're more descriptive words than nice. Do you want clean cleans - absolutely spotless, with not a hint of dirt? Or perhaps, a little bit gainy, so that really pounding the strings will give it just a bit of overdrive? Thick and warm, or thin and bright?

Specifics, man.

Sorry, I didn't really think that through.

Some thick and warm clean sounds with a tiny hint of overdrive. I plan on running some pedals into whatever amp I get to push it into overdrive when wanted.
Gibson SG Special

Laney VC30

Visual Sound Route 66
Sparkle Drive
Crybaby
Fv-50
DD-20
Korg Pitchblack
if you want good cleans get a good class A 5W. If you looking for something louder, go class A/B 15 or 30 and get an amp with 2 channels. My laney is awesome, on the clean channel it has huge headrom without breaking up. On channel 2 i get good cleans depending on how the drive setting is... play around. Laney rock, AC30 maybe (although they are pricey) Epiphone valve junior or whatever it is called.

Id say laney. i have one and i love it
Quote by jamodl
Sorry, I didn't really think that through.

Some thick and warm clean sounds with a tiny hint of overdrive. I plan on running some pedals into whatever amp I get to push it into overdrive when wanted.

In that case... if you're playing something with humbuckers, I'd go with the Peavey. Mine responds well to all sorts of pedals, and when EQ'd right gets very thick and almost jazzy.
I have a Peavey Classic 30... I find it really really good in clean tones... =]
Definitely the fender, tiny terrors have very little clean headroom.

Although I think my Carvin x100b has perfect cleans for what i want.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Well, let's see... I recomend Fender, fender, and... fender.
They make a lot of great amps with great cleans. I have the hot rod deluxe and I love it. Try out a couple of their amps. You will like.
Cool okay, thanks for the advice!

I am kinda leaning towards the C30 and i like the sound of it a lot so I'll probably go for that.
Gibson SG Special

Laney VC30

Visual Sound Route 66
Sparkle Drive
Crybaby
Fv-50
DD-20
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Lil Macker
I suppose you could look at Sound City amps as well; they're just Hiwatts, but cheaper, and have a nice clean tone.

NO. The new sound city reissues are fairly generic sounding chinese made **** boxes. The only similarity with the originals is the name and aesthetics, as they're built by a completely diferent company.