Long story short:
I play a 7-string and i restrung the B the other day but for some reason it wouldnt go all the way into the FR (the gauge on the seventh string is .70 so its quite large). If im right I shouldnt have cut away the smaller part of the string before putting it on, I figured I wouldnt need it but when I tried to put it in the FR I couldnt get it locked correctly.. *palmface*

So answer me this please:
Was I wrong to cut the smaller part away, and is it used for locking the string the right way in the FR?
As fas as I know, you should be able to cut the thinner part (the core of the string, if I understand what you're describing right) and then feed the string into the saddle...
Quote by Y00p
As fas as I know, you should be able to cut the thinner part (the core of the string, if I understand what you're describing right) and then feed the string into the saddle...

Yes, this was exactly what i was doing. However the string just seems to be too large to fit into the saddle correctly.

What really is happening here when i try to do this is that the little cube in the saddle that locks the string gets crooked and therefore cant lock the string properly. I've done the exact same approach on the other strings on the FR but it just doesnt seem to work with the .70
(However i remember that i did get the string locked successfully once )

Anyone! Halp!!
Quote by AJGNW
bamp

Don't do that. Your problem isn't a problem; If you were able to jam the .70 in there before, you can do it now. Just keep trying.
Quote by Y00p
Don't do that. Your problem isn't a problem; If you were able to jam the .70 in there before, you can do it now. Just keep trying.

ah i guess you're right :/
I finally got it to work now =>

I cut away most of the core and used a very small part to lock the end of it in the saddle. Hope this will work for quite some time :P
Thanks!