Anybody here using these?
I'm thinking about getting the Boss ME-20,as there are many sounds i want to get and quite a few pedals i want,so i'm thinkig about it.
Opinions?
Or,any suggestions for other multieffect?
gt8 is the benchmark in my opinion, there is a newer gt10 out, but i have heard good things about the ME20.
i got the boss gt-6 and love it, somethings could be better such as the 4 sec loop... but then again i didnt buy it for loop. its fun to mess around on and i have played several shows with it, some where i was playing covers and was able to create the correct tone. I know for a fact that the gt-8 is better and has some cool new components and i am sure teh gt-10 is far supior to both of those
Actually,the gt series is kinda over my budget,i dont know how much they cost in other places than israel,about 500 dollars here.
Budget is about 250 dollars.
Are Zoom Multieffects any good?
Quote by Firebirdz
Anybody here using these?
I'm thinking about getting the Boss ME-20,as there are many sounds i want to get and quite a few pedals i want,so i'm thinkig about it.
Opinions?
Or,any suggestions for other multieffect?

well, i don't know about the ME-20, but I have the ME-50 and it's pretty damn good, it's a lot better than all the other effects pedals I've seen in the same price range. but honestly, it's got more effects than I need/want. I ended up making 3 presets for it, and those are all I use, and two of those I have set to be as close as possible except one is louder, and one has the wah set to default while the other has whammy set to default.

and from what I understand, the ME-20 is pretty much the same as the ME-50, just less customizable.

really, multi-effects pedals seem like they'll be great because you get all these awesome effects in one package, and you think "sweet, I can do anything now" while in reality you'll never use 90% of the stuff on the damn thing other than just screwing around. as such, I'm planning on putting together my own pedal board with things I actually use once I get the money.

but despite all that, they are good for people new to effects pedals that aren't sure what all the different things do, because then you can learn what you like, what you don't like, what everything is, etc. and from my experience, the ME series is pretty good, so I say try it out if you want.

edit:

Quote by Firebirdz
Actually,the gt series is kinda over my budget,i dont know how much they cost in other places than israel,about 500 dollars here.
Budget is about 250 dollars.
Are Zoom Multieffects any good?

hell if your budget is about $250 I say spring the $300 for the ME-70, but then again I don't know how much it would end up being in Israel
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by customisbetter
Searchbar

also, I would recommend the Digitech GNX series. Very versatile, come with Whammy.

that is a 200 dollar effect right there.
And a $300 looper. The GNX4 is an excellent choice if onboard 8 track recorder/looper/MP3 BT player is wanted.
Do multi effects pedals work with modelling amps like the vox vt50 ?

this question is bugging me for some time
The only way to know is try. For a modeling amp I would suggest running the multifx into the aux input. This input is designed to pass the signal straight through without coloring the tone.