Hi again UG.

I am planning on getting a new guitar soon and have been having troubles finding a guitar that will be right for me.

The main styles of music that I like tyo play are Metal and Hard rock, with bands ranging from Lamb of God To Metallica.

I would like the guitar to be a relitivly 'normal' shape, meaning no V's etc and will want a Fixed Bridge and Passive Pickups.

The amp I have at the moment is a Peavey Vypyr 30 (I will have this for quite a while).

I have seen many guitars that would be prefect with little exeptions like active Pick ups or FR styled trem's. But one that has stood out is the Jackson DK2T, please give any helpful information you have on this guitar and tell me if you would recommend it.
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Pro-Series&page=1&product=2911006803

Thanks again.
Ok thanks, I had a look at LTD's a while ago and could see anything that suited me. But I'll have another look
Jackson DK's are cool guitars, the JS are the entry level guitars, DKMG are good for what they cost, and the DK2 i believe is the pro series. I have a DK2M and it is as good a guitar as any i have played. Top quality at a good price. if it feels right and sounds right, do it
PRS SE Singlecut.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Part from the fact that it has actives my IbanezRGA 32 is the biggest amount of win I've played so far... And I've played quite a number of guitars.

Point is, you spend 300 bucks on the RGA, 100 bucks orso on some nice Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios (hmmm DiMarzios) and VOILA, Bob's yer uncle.

Off course, you might just wanna actually PLAY the RGA (or any other guitar that's adviced) before you buy it.

EDIT: Not to bother, but both Mark from LoG has EMG's or Blackouts fitted in some of his axes nowadays I believe...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Sep 10, 2009,
Ok thanks again I will look at the Ibanez.

I should have mentioned in the first post that im not a fan of the Les Paul styled bodies so I don't think I'll go any further looking into the PRS.
And I looked at some LTDs and came across the MH-250QMNT but are they active pick ups? (look like EMG's).

I will try to use whatever guitar I plan on getting before actually buying it and I'm not sure whether to think about Active pickups. But I will be using my Peavey which isn't tube and don't plan on spending out for a tube amp soon.

Edit: Here is the ESP LTD: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/mh-250-nt/66320
Looks good, still not sure if they are active or not and if it comes in different colours?
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by Lr-Mtb
Ok thanks again I will look at the Ibanez.

I should have mentioned in the first post that im not a fan of the Les Paul styled bodies so I don't think I'll go any further looking into the PRS.
And I looked at some LTDs and came across the MH-250QMNT but are they active pick ups? (look like EMG's).

I will try to use whatever guitar I plan on getting before actually buying it and I'm not sure whether to think about Active pickups. But I will be using my Peavey which isn't tube and don't plan on spending out for a tube amp soon.

Edit: Here is the ESP LTD: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/mh-250-nt/66320
Looks good, still not sure if they are active or not and if it comes in different colours?

Theyre passive, I had an LTD with the same pickups in it.
Quote by SilverchairFan
Theyre passive, I had an LTD with the same pickups in it.

Are they good? Would you recommend the guitar (I know you don't have it but i assume yours is similar)
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79455 is the one I got (if you want actual pics I have a NGD thread floatin' around somewhere) Yes the pickups aren't the best ever (pretty decent still) but since it's dirt cheap I didn't expect much more anyway

And that LTD looks pretty good too
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Id just go for the Jackson if I were you.

I havent played that LTD but I think theyre the same pickups that are in the alexi 200 and i didnt really like them that much - just not as good as the SD's.

I HAVE played the jackson and loved it, its a very good guitar for the price.

Some of the Ibanez guitars are definitely worth trying out as well. At the end of the day its your choice
Gibson SG Special

Laney VC30

Visual Sound Route 66
Sparkle Drive
Crybaby
Fv-50
DD-20
Korg Pitchblack
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75425
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71824
These are a steal in Europe for some reason. Maybe the fixed bridge Prestiges don't sell well there. But these are some of the best price/quality ratios out there. They can compete with American guitars that cost twice as much. They're a little higher than your budget, but it's worth it when you're buying a top quality guitar.
well the RGA one is so dirt cheap cause it's an older model (but awesome though)
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Ok thanks guys, I will have another look at the Ibanez's that were suggested and read through the thread again to check for any i've missed.
I think I will drop the idea of the LTD now because if the pickups aren't great then I would prefer some better ones with out upgrading.

I will also look at the washburn but I thought it had actives so I was put off it.

Any more reccomendations are welcome.
Thanks again!
I'm also looking for a new guitar but you might want to take a look at the Ibanez RGR321EX and RG321MH, those are the guitars I have my eye on at the moment.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Thanks for them suggestions, I will check them out.

I just looked at the Washburn X50 Pro again and I think it actually looks really good, and has passives are they better than the ones in the Jackson DK2T?
Thanks again
Quote by Lr-Mtb
Thanks for them suggestions, I will check them out.

I just looked at the Washburn X50 Pro again and I think it actually looks really good, and has passives are they better than the ones in the Jackson DK2T?
Thanks again

The DK2T has SD Jazz and JB pickups they might not be ideal for what you play. I've seen video's on youtube of people using the Washburn and it sounds great. It also has a set neck, grover tuners and it's generally a much higher quality guitar. I think if you can afford it definitely get it.

EDIT: The X50 pro FE is a lot better for metal and high-gain stuff so check that one out too. It just has different pickups (active EMG's).
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Sep 10, 2009,
Ok thnks, I think I'm more likely to go with the Washburn now I really like the looks of it, its not too 'out there' but is still really nice, and has pretty much everything that I want on it so hopefully a shop near me has one that I can try. Does anybody know what the neck is like?
Hey again, sorry for the double post but I needed to bump it and its been agaes since I posted in here.

I know that You don't get the full tone from EMG's unless you have a Tube amp. But what would they sound like on my Peavey Vypyr? Because having EMG's seems to leave me more guitar choices. Like a Jackson DKMGT.
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Sep 19, 2009,