So, I'm talking to this guy telling me that all guitars with stratocasterish/stratocaster-looking bodies should be called stratocasters, like Ibanez Stratocaster, all basses that roughly looks like thunderbirds are Thunderbirds.

Is he right? (I hope not.)

Edit: Well, I know he's wrong, but I want your opinion.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Sep 10, 2009,
Obviously he is wrong, maybe strat-like bodies at most.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Theyre already called called strat-like bodies

EG the esp horizons are very similar, and are called strat-style bodies.

Ibanez tend to have more points on them, and are called super-strat bodies
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
no, it is that way with every guitar and its lesser counter parts. look at the SG, the epiphone sg is not called SG, it is some model number.
I prefer to call them double-cutaway guitars, as that is usually the proper term for a Strat-like body.
Quote by Kensai

I have a name. It is Mitch.