Page 1 of 3
Hi guys,

Just a quick one to say I am now officially with Marshall Amps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtFRmlPw3cY

If there is any gear you would like me to demo on Youtube let me know and I'll put in a request...

They are already sending me three amps for Tuesday so I'll have some new stuff up pretty soon.

Take Care

Chappers
Why did you leave Orange???
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
I wanna see chappers rock a MG

Also, Contest giving awaya Marshall (Haze maybe?) plox
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
class 5
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Wow, you've signed with them?
I thought you just visited them!

Lots of congratulations! First a signature guitar, now a Marshall endorsement, you're living the classic rock dream.

As for demos I can't think of anything I'd like to see sorry.
A marshall jmp-1 demo with proof that it can do round lead tones ala Michael Angelo Batio.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
play that first ever marshall (Y)
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Nice Video in the Hall Of Fame

There's one Marshall i just hate: The MG15, did you ever heard one?
"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours." - Dave Mustaine
Quote by Robchappers
Yeah I'm not a big MG fan... Love the new Haze though

The Feedback sounds insane in the Video
"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours." - Dave Mustaine
Congratulations Rob

I've gotta say though, the only thing I can see competing with your rockerverb are the old JCM800's. You can play your rockerverb at home but we'll keep that quiet

I haven't played a modern marshall thats really blown me away so best of luck with it!

Thanks for inspiring me to get a rockerverb

Wish you all the best.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Robchappers
Hi guys,

Just a quick one to say I am now officially with Marshall Amps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtFRmlPw3cY

If there is any gear you would like me to demo on Youtube let me know and I'll put in a request...

They are already sending me three amps for Tuesday so I'll have some new stuff up pretty soon.

Take Care

Chappers

After hearing what Gilbert gets out of one, I wanna see what YOU can do with that vintage modern (not just him but it sounds pretty versatile, I just wanna know HOW versatile before I pop it on my enormous GAS list)

Oh, and off course, Gratz on landin' that deal with Marshall mate, you deserve it
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Sep 10, 2009,
ahh the infamous chappers of the fantastic black hand

are you still with Vintage
if so do me afavour and demo the Fool sg i kinda want one but im wary of it
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Erm rob, check you inbox. (kinda important on your behalf)
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by steve!
ahh the infamous chappers of the fantastic black hand

are you still with Vintage
if so do me afavour and demo the Fool sg i kinda want one but im wary of it

He's not been with Vintage for ages and I believe he isn't part of the black hand anymore either.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
He's not been with Vintage for ages and I believe he isn't part of the black hand anymore either.

Correct sir!

I am currently listed as an ESP Guitars artist - "Monkey Lord" - Rob Chapman.. Although I have my own guitar brand launching in a few months.

And I now have a solo band called "Monkey Lord", I sing and shred in it.

Me
Chappers you beast!!!

I would love to see a full-on JVM head review. That would be awesome!

All hail the Monkey Lord!
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Huge congrats on signing with Marshall Chappers, though I thought you said you weren't planning to endorse any more amp companies?

As for gear I'd like to see, if you could demo one or more of these you'll make me a very happy man;

1. Any MG ~ Let's see whether a good player really can make these sound good for more than practicing.
2. Haze 40 ~ A lot of people at the shop I work at and here say the Haze sounds like an MG with tubes, though some say it's true to Marshall tone. I haven't managed to try one, and I'd like to see whether or not its worth putting down $700 for one instead of a Hot Rod Deluxe.
3. That new 5W tube combo they're putting out as it seems a counter to the Vox AC4 ~ Let's see if that thing can sound as good for recording as it promised.
4. Bluesbreaker combo ~ I just love these things, let's hear how one sounds with your playing.
5. DSL401 ~ Let's see just how good the entry-level non-Haze Marshall tube combo sounds compared to it's older brothers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
Huge congrats on signing with Marshall Chappers, though I thought you said you weren't planning to endorse any more amp companies?

As for gear I'd like to see, if you could demo one or more of these you'll make me a very happy man;

1. Any MG ~ Let's see whether a good player really can make these sound good for more than practicing.
2. Haze 40 ~ A lot of people at the shop I work at and here say the Haze sounds like an MG with tubes, though some say it's true to Marshall tone. I haven't managed to try one, and I'd like to see whether or not its worth putting down $700 for one instead of a Hot Rod Deluxe.
3. That new 5W tube combo they're putting out as it seems a counter to the Vox AC4 ~ Let's see if that thing can sound as good for recording as it promised.
4. Bluesbreaker combo ~ I just love these things, let's hear how one sounds with your playing.
5. DSL401 ~ Let's see just how good the entry-level non-Haze Marshall tube combo sounds compared to it's older brothers.

Some very good suggestion sthere mate, I'll speak to Marshall about those tomorrow
congrats , shame about leaving orange tho
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by necrosis1193

+1
Quote by sharpant
Congratulations Rob

I've gotta say though, the only thing I can see competing with your rockerverb are the old JCM800's. You can play your rockerverb at home but we'll keep that quiet

I haven't played a modern marshall thats really blown me away so best of luck with it!

Thanks for inspiring me to get a rockerverb

Wish you all the best.

+1, my thoughts exactly.

Anyway: congratulations Chapmonkey, you deserve it! I hope you have a great time and alot of loud fun @ Marshall.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
First off congratulations. Secondly, that Class 5 just blew my mind, sounds amazing, especially with you playing it
i'd love to see you demo a JVM 410.. just to see how awesome it is when played with good skills
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Your a ****ing liar and you still play a ****ing squier and you play through a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt and you just trying to act cool in front of the people over the interwebz

Oh wait...thats some of my gear...

and im just jealous lol

Congrats man!!!

I would not have left orange though.

I'm glad to see that you have made a living doinf what you love
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Could you make a demo of the JCM2000 DSL head?
I want to hear what it sounds like with mid to high gain, but also if it can do some AC/DC-type of tones. And also what the deep shift sounds like.

Anyways, congratulations for signing with Marshall.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
rob = GOD, so please review a good JVM or JCM. im GASING for that metal stuff
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Sweeet.......send me a Plexi
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Grats !!

How about a JVM 410H through a 1960A and 1960AV?

Cheers !!
a vintage modern , mode 4 , mg , and a jubilee
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
:O YOUR THE ONE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! The mroe wins than a windigo vid, which was THE most epic 6 seconds of my life..
LOL QOTSA in the background??!??!?!! Sweet. Please play a dsl 50 watt head with no effects on the gain channel. That would be awesome.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Page 1 of 3