Ive played on a fender squire p-bass for two years and now ive decided i need a new axe to play on any suggestions. i play metallica and blue oyster cult kinda stuff and my p-bass isnt giving me the sound i want. my price range is 400-800 bucks thanks.
400-800 gives you a HUGE selection. If you're wanting to pay less than $500 for a great instrument, I'd say go with and Ibanez SR or SRX. Anything more, don't get an Ibanez, you can get a much better instrument. Look into Spectors...
Quote by bassplaya1196
does ibanez make good five strings

I've heard lots of praise over Ibanez 5 strings, especially the Sr 505 and 705
Quote by JamieMcMe
I've heard lots of praise over Ibanez 5 strings, especially the Sr 505 and 705

I absolutely loved this when I played it. I didn't want to let it go and it greats some great tones.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Fender jazz 24
Second hand fender MIA jazz or precision

Sandberg with your pickup choice
Warwick corvette STD
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Schecters are good
Yamaha BBs (check out the Sheehan model)
Fernandes (Rob uses them...)

Ibanez are thin sounding (IMHO)
I love my Schecter. I get compliments on the tone I get out of it. Feels nice, full tone, looks sexy. It's a bit heavy but it isn't a big deal for me and I'm a little guy.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
sterling by musicman and ibanez ATKs are pretty cool, by the way what kind of amp do you have?
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I own a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5. I can't play it without having someone that's never heard me before telling me that my bass has "balls."
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410