yo all
i just thought of something today. you know that gibson robot guitar, that can tune itself? would it work if you also programmed a similar system into a FR-equipped guitar, and make it so it also adjusts spring tension and keep it fully floating after? so you would be able to switch from standard to drop C in 20 seconds or less without having to do anything but flick a switch/turn a knob.
so would this be possible?
I thought of this awhile ago as well. I think where our technology is right now we just barely manage to fit in enough electronics to just tune the regular 6. But at the rate the we're advancing right now I wouldn't be suprised if we see something like this very soon.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Well seeing as how the robot guitars were a complete fail, I highly doubt it will work well.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
that would be pretty cool and then people would not bash FR guitars so much.

I dont know if it could be possible but that would be bada$$
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
possibly, but it would be much more complicated in it's construction and cost much more, thus, making it pointless, just like the original robot guitar. you could just get 2 good guitars with trems and keep them in different tunings for less than it would cost.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Uhh. Would it be necessary?

Yes if your name is lil wayne and you can't tune your guitar yourself

that is prolly why he has a gibson darkfire
^ i lold so damn hard
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
I'm cooking up an idea to make a tune-o-matic style/bigsby mix bridge that works like an FR.

I know the design, now I just need to figure out how the spring part...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm cooking up an idea to make a tune-o-matic style/bigsby mix bridge that works like an FR.

I know the design, now I just need to figure out how the spring part...

What about the spring part, Cause I can help there.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
What about the spring part, Cause I can help there.

Well since the bridge will have to rotate slightly and go back into place, it will need springs somewhere. I was thinking about having like a pin spring (commonly seen on woodwind instruments) but bigger. I was trying to avoid drilling into the guitar if user didn't like the bridge.
you would have to talk to gibson i think they are patented the self tunning technology (they seem to be the only company doing it)
Quote by Tedis1111
you would have to talk to gibson i think they are patented the self tunning technology (they seem to be the only company doing it)

fender had a robot esque strat not too long ago. dont remember its name but i remember seeing it

edit: it was this..http://www.12fret.com/new/Fender_VG_Stratocaster.jpg
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Last edited by SoLgEr at Sep 10, 2009,
Why? I can tune my guitar to any tuning and adjust the springs keeping the floyd parallel to the body in less than 5 mins. string change about 15-20 Its not really that hard.
6000000000000000 usd investment and that's yours, but i preffer havin' 2 floyd rose guitars with dif. tuning than a 6000 dollars robot
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Tedis1111
hmm perhaps gibson have patented the best way of doing so other companies are making others, the gibson ones seem to be the only that catcfh on

agreed, although i cant say i ever saw a promotion for that strat. and gibson promoted the hell outta their robot guitar
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!