So I've talked to MANY people and pickups aren't the way to go for this amp. I don't want to buy a new amp since I just got this one. I was thinking maybe a pedal instead of using the effects on the amp already?

If you say yes, any suggestions?
Dude, you're in the wrong forum. There's no building or customizing in your OP.
I'll ask a Mod to move this to GG&A for you.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
why did you get a line 6 if you were gunna use pedals?
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

BEcause you can only edit so much with that amp, and I want a pedal where i can be in full control of the sound
Quote by rhoadsfan92

Dude that's asking why would you get a cabinet if you were gonna play live.

The 150w has a ****tt load of effects, but pedals make effect switching a hell of a lot easier. The built in effects aren't all that great, either. But I could be wrong. I know one of the high up Spider models has a bunch of presets... oh well.

I'd recommend a Digitech RP355 or higher...
Quote by rhoadsfan92

this, it's a modeling amp. plus it sounds ****ty with other distortion pedals run through it, the onboard distortion sounds better than doing that. Just get a FBV express pedal.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Dude that's asking why would you get a cabinet if you were gonna play live.

The 150w has a ****tt load of effects, but pedals make effect switching a hell of a lot easier. The built in effects aren't all that great, either. But I could be wrong. I know one of the high up Spider models has a bunch of presets... oh well.

I'd recommend a Digitech RP355 or higher...

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Schism1985
That's like making an arbitrary metaphor that doesn't apply to the post you quoted at all.

and if it's a stack you need a cabinet to play at all. if it isn't a stack then a cabinet wouldn't be necessary for playing live really.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
This amp is not the way to go, dude.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Commas in, incorrect places,.

Yea, for a little practice amp they aren't bad but I've only know one good guitarist who enjoyed the tone.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The best pedal for that amp? The Gas pedal. So you can take it back to the store for a refund. Hopefully you're within the 30 day return period...

Then get an amp that does work well with pedals for the same price range..

Here's a couple suggestions

Bugera V22
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bugera-V22-22W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=502583

B-52 AT-112
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

If you insist on keeping the Spider III (it's really not a terrible amp as others say).
Get the ShortBoard to control all the presets and effects within the amp.
Adding effect pedals really doesn't improve it's sound...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-FBV-Shortboard-Footswitch?sku=420880

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by jonmo1

If you insist on keeping the Spider III (it's really not a terrible amp as others say).

Oh, but it is... Maybe not as a lower wattage practice amp, but he's got a 150w amp there.

I have a 75 watt... not one of the most brightest choices I've made...
You'd be better off selling and getting a used Vetta or something
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass

Definitely, or even something cheaper than a Vetta if you plan on using pedals with it
Quote by jonmo1
The best pedal for that amp? The Gas pedal. So you can take it back to the store for a refund. Hopefully you're within the 30 day return period...

I love you

I was going to make some comment along the same lines but it seems unnecessary after that

But on topic: TS there's little point throwing more cash at an amp like a spider to try and improve it. I would say just get the footswitch rather than stompboxes and save the cash for a nice amp and then look for stompboxes.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by jonmo1

Then get an amp that does work well with pedals for the same price range..

Here's a couple suggestions

Bugera V22
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bugera-V22-22W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=502583

B-52 AT-112
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

Get the ShortBoard to control all the presets and effects within the amp.
Adding effect pedals really doesn't improve it's sound...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-FBV-Shortboard-Footswitch?sku=420880

this, definitely.
if you bought it less than 30 days ago, sell it, and buy the bugera!

this would probably come with a footswitch to switch between channels
take it back. it is as bad as people say. right before i bough my xxx, the gc employees were trying to get me to buy one of these, saying things like it was as good as a 6505 and i would never need to replace it. i have played more spiders than i would have liked since then and i can say they are utter sh*t.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by alternitivebass

Which sell as a combo for around $800 in like new condition. Great deal, they sound FAR better than the Spider (and for good reason, the most expensive spider halfstack is less than half the cost of the Vetta combo).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 10, 2009,
I don't understand. Are you saying you want one of those giant multi-effect pedals with all the different effects on it, or do you want specific individual pedals?
Last edited by patbuck2 at Sep 10, 2009,