i am just starting to learn how to play the guitar. i have recently purchased a "Drop D" capo, and i am playing by tabs. most of the tabs that are in drop d tell you to tune your guitar to drop d. i was wondering, how do i read a tab that is like this, while using a Drop D capo? for example, the tab is telling me 4th string 2 fret, but the capo is on the 2nd fret, do i count down 2 frets from the capo, and play it the same, or does it not transcribe?

i appreciate any help with this!
The Kyser Drop D capo makes it seem like you're playing in Drop D. You're not supposed to change your tuning when using it. If the tab says 4th string 2nd fret and the capo is on the 2nd fret, you would play 4th string open I assume.
Just play it as if the capo wasn't there if you get me. 0 being where the capo is and 2 being two frets up (the fourth fret).
thank you. both makes sense, but i will go with the latter one from WhiteStripeslll. the only thing is, that when i do use that technique, the song sounds higher than normal...is that from using a capo, or would it do that if i tune to drop d also?
normal drop D tuning doesn't require a capo basically. To get drop D tuning, you need to tune down your low E string 1 tone, making it a D. You can tell when you've lowered it enough by playing the 7th fret of the first string and then the string next to it, the A string. They should sound identical

If you wanted to use your capo to drop-d tabs in your normal standard tuning then your capo needs to only cover the bottom 5 strings, the low E needs to be left free, this simulates the drop D shape only 1 tone higher, so in essence it's "drop E" with a capo on the second fret lol

I'd personally leave the capo out if you wanted to properly play tabs in drop D and play along to the songs; just tune your lower E down to D and you're all set.... If you did want to transcribe though, play it like it's written on the tab, or if you're using the capo transpose all notes 2 frets up.. Hope this helps!
what's a tab?

Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Just play it as if the capo wasn't there if you get me. 0 being where the capo is and 2 being two frets up (the fourth fret).

oh and do this
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me