Hey guys n gals!

I have just sold my ENGL Screamer Setup and I'm now looking for a balls out amp to have at uni for use in a band and for practice at my house aswell as taking to Uni for recording and recording at home too (there is probably a better way of wording that but ah well!).

I played a Blackstar S1 45 today and the clean channel on it was really good but I was a little underwhealmed by the crunch channels... Could just have been the room or the fact I wasn't playing my own guitar. I'm looking for a portable amp (combo preferably) with excellent clean tones and distortion to match (as close as possible with one amp) Adam Jones from Tools sound. Versatility would be great too as I play/listen to/write in alot of different styles. I have been debating waiting for a bit more cash-flow to appear (as im expecting some in january) and getting a Mesa MK series amp, but Im unsure if they would be suitable for use in a house as in my experience they have to be cranked to get decent levels of gain out of them.

Any reccomendations would be great =]

Cheers,

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Cheers, but not really what Im looking for...
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Soldano Avenger.

What you'll want is a Diezel VH4, as Adam Jones uses one of those, but they're balls expensive.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Anyone who tells you Mesas don't have enough gain doesn't know how to eq them. Although marks are really known for their lead channel, idk how they would do at a tool tone.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Yeah the VH4s are pretty shexy.. but they're way expensive and they dont do a combo lol.
Jones used to use a mesa dual rectifier for a while methinks... and I know they have alot of gain, they just need to be cranked to get enough out of them (unless i've been doing it wrong lol).

I could probs stretch to around £2000, but that would be pushing it ALOT and it would have to be the perfect amp for me (as I dont really want to spend more than £1500). I've been looking at the ENGL Soverign 2 x12, and the Mesa MK4 and 5 amps. But no-where seems to actually stock anything that I think looks like it might do the trick.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
The soverign isn't to bad on Thomann price-wise... the 2 x 12 is like 1700£ but thats still alot of money to spend on an amp i've not tried... the blackstar was stunning tbf, maybe a TS9 would help in some ways??
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
The soverign isn't to bad on Thomann price-wise... the 2 x 12 is like 1700£ but thats still alot of money to spend on an amp i've not tried... the blackstar was stunning tbf, maybe a TS9 would help in some ways??

blackstar S1 with a good OD and a good EQ should be more than ok, ive got the HT5 with a MXR 10 band and its a really good distortion sound
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals