i recently got my guitar intonated. i asked the guitar tech if he could lower the action slightly as well

the action was lowered and the guitar sounded great however i am getting very slight fret buzz when I play. it is somewhat noticeable, more so when putting the guitar pickups in treble mode.

if i raise the action slightly at home how much will that affect the intonation? should i send it back in? its been 2 weeks already.
Quote by chris4355
i recently got my guitar intonated. i asked the guitar tech if he could lower the action slightly as well

the action was lowered and the guitar sounded great however i am getting very slight fret buzz when I play. it is somewhat noticeable, more so when putting the guitar pickups in treble mode.

if i raise the action slightly at home how much will that affect the intonation? should i send it back in? its been 2 weeks already.

Just set it up yourself and save the cash.
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
I would lower the pickups a little bit...

If the action was lowered but the guy didn't also lower the pickups, then the strigns are now closer to the pickups than they should be.

That has a couple effects. They are magnets after all.
The magnets deaden the vibration of the string - loss of sustain
The magnets pull the strings down toward the fretboard (a tiny bit..) - fret buzz

Try that first..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by chris4355
im not much of a guitar tech and i am not at ease trying it on my own guitar~~~
In which case the solution is forgone. Bring it back to the tech.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
psssht.

adjusting the pup heights is one screw. do that first like said.

the how to, is simply written, in the first post, if you click the green link in my sig.

IF you still fret out and want to mess wt the action. that info is there too.

why pay twice for something you could do at home.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by chris4355
im not much of a guitar tech and i am not at ease trying it on my own guitar~~~

Then why did you ask??

Seriously, it's not difficult to just lower the pickups a little bit..A screwdriver is all that's needed...

You might even be able to find the exact measurements that it's supposed to be in the owners manual for your guitar.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear