Page 1 of 5
So Pit, A week from today I'm going to see Metallica and Lamb of God and a few other bands I don't really care about. It will be my first concert.

Bad thing is, though, that i'm going with my mom

Well anyway what was your first concert? Any funny or awesome experiences/stories from yours? Or anything else worth mentioning about it....

Go.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
sorry, but metallica are about as entertaining as a barbershop quartett nowadays. my first concert was Alice in Chains in 2006.
AC/DC's Back in Black tour.
This is a song that sometimes takes a building in a manner which our forefathers were very used too
Quote by JayT44
So Pit, A week from today I'm going to see Metallica and Lamb of God and Gojira

Me too!

And my first concert was Nine Inch Nails and Janes Addiction.
Foo Fighers, last year.

I should've been to a handful a bunch of years earlier, but I could never get Goddamn tickets.
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Backstreet Boys

I swear to Pete I was forced to go! I was like....8

That should be the ultimate FML.
My first concert was DragonForce. They put on an amazing show and actually played really well, considering it was in 2006. The support bands, All That Remains and Firewind were also amazing.
Also, about a week after that, I saw Iron Maiden and Trivium
first concert i ever went to was green day on the american idiot tour. going to see alice in chains tomorrow!!!
Van Morrison First standing conert Trivium, i was 15.
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
Quote by Deether
Backstreet Boys

I swear to Pete I was forced to go! I was like....8

That should be the ultimate FML.

dude, Backstreet boys were freaking awesome.

especially compared to today's boy groups. they were all ****ing awesome singers. ever hear them sing acapella? spot on.
My first was Van Halen. They sounded good, but they weren't entertaining, they didn't interact with the audience all that much. They just got up there, played their songs, and then left. Still, they sounded fantastic
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by CoreysMonster

especially compared to today's boy groups. they were all ****ing awesome singers. ever hear them sing acapella? spot on.

'NSYNC > Backstreet Boys
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Blink 182 when I was 10. Went with my parents, and sported quite the impressive purple mohawk.
Quote by CoreysMonster

To sig or not to sig. Hmmm
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by CoreysMonster
sorry, but metallica are about as entertaining as a barbershop quartett nowadays

I disagree. They put on a great live show. I want to go again. Mmm
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
My first Concert was Queens of the Stone Age in Belfast.
It is still the only concert I have went to, I got badly squashed that night
My first real gig was Iron Maiden in 2006. I went with my auntie and her then boyfriend and his mate and it was awesome

EDIT: but my first ever ever gig was a smash hits one with Blue and Sugababes etc with my auntie again and my best friend at the time, I loved it! haha.
I can't actually remember when it was though, but I think I was about 10.

And my first standing gig was Trivium when they toured with Gojira, Sanctity and Annihilator in 07 . My auntie took me to that aswell haha but i managed to meet up with quite a few friends from school that I didn' t know were going and my auntie said i could take a friend for free so I took my best friend who wasn't really into Trivium but br the end of the night she was .

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
Last edited by Marblesss at Sep 10, 2009,
Mine was maidens somewhere back in time tour in monterrey in '08. I went with my sister who isnt really a fan. She only knows the trooper and number of the beast. I was kinda stiff at first but the guy next to me was **** faced and kept telling me to loosen up so i started headbanging with him. Then i got really into it.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by homeless-john
I went to HIM

I'm not a fan of their recorded stuff but they do put on a pretty good show, I must admit.

I hope they tour again sometime soon... I wouldn't mind going to see them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
The Killers, it was good, but all the other concerts i've been to (apart from seeing them the second time) have been 'worse', it left me with too good an impression on concerts
First was Iron Maiden and Avenged Sevenfold Great gig.
Next one's not until March - Trivium
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by CoreysMonster
sorry, but metallica are about as entertaining as a barbershop quartett nowadays

Do you watch videos of their concerts or actually go to them? I saw them in January and the energy was amazing.
Well, there's a free concert at this festival thing my city does every year, and there are always mosh pits and crowdsurfing and stuff, and I finally went last year. That was probably my first semi-legit concert. The only problem was that towards the end of the night security started cracking down on pits and crowdsurfing, but not before I lost my pit virginity to a Wall of Death.

The first REAL show I went to was cKy, ASG with Graveyard and Fall From Grace. Everyone but Fall From Grace were amazing. Fall From Grace sucked out of control. I got my cKy shirt signed by Deron Miller, and I got my own band's shirt signed too.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
my first real one was the Tragically Hip in febuary, going to see U2 in like two weeks, and ive seen 5440 and Rik Emmett, and quite a few bar bands (Dean Lickyer was great)

not big on mettalica but theyll put on quite a show
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Kasabian at Earls Court, supported by Fratellis. Good gig.

First standing concert was Jet at Portsmouth Guildhall though.
UG and Sporcle are both fantastic time wasting devices.
Quote by pwrmax
Do you watch videos of their concerts or actually go to them? I saw them in January and the energy was amazing.

saw them in 2006 at the same festival where I saw Alice in Chains.

Compared to the other bands there, including Tool, Deftones, Korn, Depeche Mode, Opeth and Soulfly, they were just bland. Even ****ing placebo had more energy onstage than them.
Quote by bowdowntomono
Kasabian at Earls Court, supported by Fratellis. Good gig.

First standing concert was Jet at Portsmouth Guildhall though.

I would love to see The Fratellis live, how were they?
Quote by jetfuel495
My first actual concert was Gigantour last year. Got to see Megadeth

SAME!
i saw some chick crowd surfing in her undies
First: Children of Bodom, In Flames, High on Fire, Job For A Cowboy, and Megadeth
Second: The Sword and Lamb of God
Third: Clutch, Baroness and Lionize
And then on Sunday I'm seeing Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, In Flames, and Killshit Engage.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Page 1 of 5