Page 1 of 2
For me it's gotta be strats. I never really could "click" on a strat. But suddenly after acquiring my dad's old mim strat im having a lot of fun with it. It will sound loads better when the dimarzios i ordered come, but still its great. It's weird, when i play it, i suddenly feel like im playing in the 60s or 70s...
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Same. I could never get along with a strat, but then after a couple years of playing, i suddenly enjoyed and loved the way a strat plays
R.I.P foREVer
I feel like i've matured with guitars haha, i should probably say sorry to all those traditionalist bluesmen telling me "AH HOOP DA DOOP YAL PLAYING SOME JAP IBANES, WHY, PLAY A MEAN FENDER, SHE SING DA BLUES"
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Haha, same with the Strat. Never cared for it even though some of my biggest influences played one (David Gilmour, SRV). Then not to long a go I stopped by a store, sat down and played one. The day I have enough dough I'm buying one.
I used to hate strats, becuase I thought they were begginers guitars. But now one of my drem guitars is a strat lol.
I used to hate strats but I built one and now I love them, I am in mad love with the neck pickup
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Gibson Electric Spanish Series.

I hated them at first, but they're growing on me...
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
I used to hate on Ibanez a lot, but now I really love them
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
i'm more of a strat bodied lover myself. but lately explorer type bodies have started to grow on me, it's stylish and has enough room to reach high frets xP
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Guitars with maple necks. Other than fenders....

Explorers

Double cut les pauls

Les paul Jrs

Carvin style v's (like reverse randy rhoads)

"Star" guitars
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I hated Ibanezes and telecasters but now they're on my top 3 guitars I eventually wnat to get.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I always preferred Strat and LP shapes but right now I really want an Explorer style... Don't know why.
Quote by Teh GIR
For me it's gotta be strats. I never really could "click" on a strat. But suddenly after acquiring my dad's old mim strat im having a lot of fun with it. It will sound loads better when the dimarzios i ordered come, but still its great. It's weird, when i play it, i suddenly feel like im playing in the 60s or 70s...

That's funny, I had my strat (which I also hated because there are a lot of cheap strats out here) before my RG. I was anti-Ibanez until I started getting into shred and more technical stuff. I bought it without much thought and mainly because I liked 80s metal. I tried an RG770DX reissue and thought it was alright so I bought the RG2550Z without trying it. It wasn't the most comfortable guitar at first but it grew on me. It made playing a lot easier. Now I only pull out the strat about once a month. I even play blues and clean stuff on the Ibanez. I still don't like most Ibanezes. I only like the Super Wizard and Wizard Prestige neck. Anything else just sucks to me.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Sep 10, 2009,
i used to dislike fenders altogether, growing up i knew kids who were lucky enough to have a MIA strat, and i never really cared about them, and a few years later and its my favorite guitar ive ever owned

Quote by stratman7
I always preferred Strat and LP shapes but right now I really want an Explorer style... Don't know why.

explorers are the ****ing **** thats why, thats my next guitar
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Sep 10, 2009,
Hopping onto the train with everyone else, I used to hate strats and single-coils as my only experience with electric guitars at the time was with a $100 strat copy and a quality PRS Custom 22 copy. Then my uncle offered to sell me his stratocaster for $220 so he could get my cousin a birthday gift, and I figured if I didn't like it I could sell it for at least $250 and make a profit. I got it out of the case he threw in, plugged it in and was blown away. Nowadays that same strat's my favourite guitar, and while I still use humbuckers I prefer a single-coil.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Super-strat bodies. When I got my first guitar I did NOT want one, but now I really do.

Still no love for the Telecaster though.
I used to despise Les Pauls, but now i want one more than anything else (preferably Agile)
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
never liked tele's but now i want one, i love them, although im a strat man myself.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
strats. always hated them. they just looked so plain. now i have a warmoth strat in production, and a very cool squier 51 strat i hope to mod the crap out of.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by jsaatsaz
Gibson Electric Spanish Series.

I hated them at first, but they're growing on me.

+1

then i tried one. bought 2 of them this year, but they were only Epiphones so i sold them and will save up for a real Gibson ES-335.

still hate strat/tele/bolt on trash.
1982 Gibson Firebrand "The SG" Deluxe
Blackstar HT-1R | Line 6 M5 | Malekko Omicron Fuzz | Behringer SF300 Super-Fuzz | Morpheus DropTune | TC Ditto Looper
Telecaster, I used to think they were stupid looking now my GAS for a nice 3 tone sunburst Tele is building.
well, i used to think V's were for posers, and then I saw the Jackson RR24 in black w/ red bevels. i just fell in love with RR's after i played one at my parent's friend's house.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Telecasters. I've always hated the look, but now I want one so bad. i want Avril Lavignes telecaster.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
I think strats are fine now.

But I also used to love Explorers... but now I'm losing the love. Which sucks, cuz I have one.
Quote by baNG1989
Telecasters. I've always hated the look, but now I want one so bad. i want Avril Lavignes telecaster.

Haha, I've had some thoughts about picking that one up and dropping a super distortion in the bridge and maybe paint the pickguard purple.
I used to think (as in like, 10-12 months ago) that Semi-Hollows were for old people.

Now I have one on my 'to buy' list.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
i used to hate explorer style bodies but now I'm GASing for a Jackson KE3 or KE2 kelly.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Shabadoo
Haha, I've had some thoughts about picking that one up and dropping a super distortion in the bridge and maybe paint the pickguard purple.

The pg is my favorite part!
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
I wanted an SG so bad, and hated teles. I worked up the dough for an SG finally, went to the store and a spalted maple tele caught my eye instantly. It felt amazing so I bought it and love it....so powerful and pretty.

Now I despise SGs, go figure.
David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Spinal Tap
Mockingbird ST, Always hated them because I played a really crappy one once, but I played another one at a friend's gig and I fell in love with it, now its the guitar I play the most.
Also Ibanez, for some reason I hated them with a passion, mainly because all metalhealds and shredders that played fast, sloppy and with no feeling in my school glorified ibanez, and I started relating the guitar to that type of player. Now I'm falling in love with them, thinking about getting one
I never liked Les Pauls or Stratocasters because of the faces people pull when playing them. I know that's a weird reason and I'll probably get flamed for it [if this was a drum forum, I might get flammed] but to me they both represented a school of playing that I didn't want to be a part of [because I'm so punk_x_core and rebel_x_face].

Then I walked into a guitar shop, saw an Epiphone Les Paul silverburst and bought it.

Now my mind is open to the Les Paul shape, but in some finishes I hate it. The Strat shape... I'm still a bit undecided on that one. Not even the starry, fanboy eyes I have for Tom DeLonge has made me love the Strat... yet.
Page 1 of 2