Alright, so I'm (finally) getting my Blackheart Little Giant tomorrow (at least it should be coming in tomorrow) and I just want to get this straight...

Will it ruin the amp and/or cabinet if I use an instrument cable to connect them? I'm going to go to the guitar store sometime soon to get some speaker cables, but for now I just have instrument cables. If I remember correctly, someone told me it won't do much damage to them if I use instrument cables, but I'm making sure so I don't end up ruining my amp the first day I have it
Just buy the right cables, patience is better than ruining stuff.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
not worth it to risk the possibility of ruining it. just wait it out until you can get a hold of a proper speaker cable.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
No, it's not.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
It's not worth taking the chance of ruining your amp but if you did use an instrument cable it would most likely ruin the cable before it damaged your amp.

Back in my noob days I used an instrument cable for about a year and it didn't damage anything. However, it still could have happened - I consider myself lucky.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
It's not worth taking the chance of ruining your amp but if you did use an instrument cable it would most likely ruin the cable before it damaged your amp.

Back in my noob days I used an instrument cable for about a year and it didn't damage anything. However, it still could have happened - I consider myself lucky.

The thing is though, is that I'll only be using it for like, a day and that will be the first day I have the amp... Still not a good thing to do though? Even if it's just a short time?
If you want to put $300 on the line, just because you can't wait one day......

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Seriously, just don't do it.
Just hop on a bus today or tomorrow and check out your nearest guitar store.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Oh, you guys have no sense of adventure.
It's only, what, a 5 watt head? It should be fine for a temporary fix. A dual rectifier would probably fry it in a second, but the chances are quite small with that amp.

It could still happen, and that would suck, but I'd be really shocked if it did after one day. Besides, it's not guaranteed that anything will break even if it does fry the cable, provided you turn the amp off right away.
Why don't you just go to the store tomorrow as soon as it arrives? Then you'll only be not using it for a small amount of time.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

do it. it shouldnt hurt anything. i ran my xxx (120w) with a sh*t guitar cable for like a week.

thats 115 more watts. nothing died (luckily)
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION