View poll results: What age?
69 32%
41 19%
68 31%
17+
39 18%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 2
What age do you think a teenager should be able to go to a gig alone? I mean just by themselves, so with friends of the same age, no supervision. I was wondering, seeing as I'm 15 and want to go to some shows soon, but I doubt my parents would let me unless they go..kinda lame. But yes, back to the point, what age do you guys think is right for a child to go to a rock/metal concert?

Poll to come.
Depends on the concert. I mean: Judas Priest 17, Katy Perry 13, Phil Collins Never.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
wtf, going to gigs with your dad is one of the most awesome things ever.
I wish MY dad went to gigs with me
Quote by Kensai
Depends on the concert. I mean: Judas Priest 17, Katy Perry 13, Phil Collins Never.

Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I wanna change my vote to 17. I didn't know what genre you were speaking about so I chose 15 :P
When he/she can drive themselves to said gig.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
wtf, going to gigs with your dad is one of the most awesome things ever.
I wish MY dad went to gigs with me

It would be cool if he didn't make it suck.
If my dad were to go with me to a gig, the first time any swore he'd be all uppity and try to get them to stop, or something similar. And he's be questioning the lyrics the whole time, and probing me on my beliefs to see if I've turned satanist.
If you can't drive yourself there (as in you don't have a license), then you shouldn't be going alone.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Kensai

sadly, the only gig my dad would go with me to is a phil collins gig

I am dead serious.
16. Honestly I think any age is fine. But because the shows always have aggressive crowds who, instead of enjoying the music, would rather beat the sh*t of each other, I don't think it's safe for a "child."

What I'm saying is that if I ever have a kid, I wanna bring him to an Insomnium show.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 10, 2009,
depends on how big you are .

13 if you're a big guy, 14 or 15 if you're a midget.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by JayT44
When he/she can drive themselves to said gig.

This. Seems logical to me.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
My parents don't mind me at the gig. It's the travelling to and from the gig that they make into the excuse as why i can't go. Damn not being able to be out late. Damn the rapists and murderers in the back alleys
I voted 16 because of the driving thing and I think you're American.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by metaldud536
16. Honestly I think any age is fine. But because the shows always have aggressive crowds who, instead of enjoying the music, would rather beat the sh*t of each other, I don't think it's safe for a "child."

What I'm saying is that if I ever have a kid, I wanna bring him to an Insomnium show.

this. I had to rescue my younger brother (age 10) from a wall of death once. luckily, I'm big enough to protect someone while running through a crowd of large, half-naked men beating the crap out of each other.
I went to my first gig alone when I was 15. It was a kotton mouth kings concert. I was fine. So my vote goes to whatever age that you are mature enough to go.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I'd say it depends on how responsible you are. If you went to a gig by yourself would you get high and try to pick a fight? Or would you just stand there and listen to music? Age doesn't matter it's just how responsible your parents think you are.
Quote by CoreysMonster
this. I had to rescue my younger brother (age 10) from a wall of death once. luckily, I'm big enough to protect someone while running through a crowd of large, half-naked men beating the crap out of each other.

Yea. I'm not big neither in height or weight. I will get killed. My brother is 14 and taller than me.
Quote by NoOne0507
I'd say it depends on how responsible you are. If you went to a gig by yourself would you get high and try to pick a fight? Or would you just stand there and listen to music? Age doesn't matter it's just how responsible your parents think you are.

fix'd
grok it.

SKREAM!

I guess it depends on the responsibility level of the kid and where the show is at.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by NoOne0507

ever tried to pick a fight while high?

"Hey buddy!" *shove*

"Hey what?" *shove back*

.... "I'm supposed to hate you, but I can't remember why. let's smoke one"

"Okay."
13 or 14.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by metaldud536
Yea. I'm not big neither in height or weight. I will get killed. My brother is 14 and taller than me.

whenever I don't feel like moshing, I just stand still, and am like a rock in the pit

being big has it's advantages.
I'm 14 and I've been able to go alone for about 6 months now. There are still guidelines, however.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
I'd say you missed that point, but I know it's not the case, this is the pit afterall.
Quote by Kensai

But it varies with the individual.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I started going to gigs alone when I was 12/13, and I could get served alcohol as well.
Quote by CoreysMonster

ever tried to pick a fight while high?

"Hey buddy!" *shove*

"Hey what?" *shove back*
.... "I'm supposed to hate you, but I can't remember why. let's smoke one"

"Okay."

I think it'd be more of

" Hey buddy !" *shove*
" Yeah man ? what's up man ? "
" I want to get in a fight with you. "
" what ? hey listen man.. I don't know you. Why would I do a thing like that? Do you want to smoke a jay with me ? "
"sure."
Quote by illuminatiano
I think it'd be more of

" Hey buddy !" *shove*
" Yeah man ? what's up man ? "
" I want to get in a fight with you. "
" what ? hey listen man.. I don't know you. Why would I do a thing like that? Do you want to smoke a jay with me ? "
"sure."

More like
"Hey buddy!" *shove*
"Huh?"
"Watch where you're going"
"Uhhhhh, sorry man." *walks away*
grok it.

SKREAM!

I was 15 when I went to my first big metal show.

I got headbutted in the face.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
I'm sure i was 14 when i went to my first gig with just friends, well i might have been 15 but I am a girl so you should be fine hahah.

EDIT: And really if you don't want to get killed in a pit they're really easy to stay out of, you don't have to be in a pit if you go to a gig, sometimes i just move out of the way when i pit starts, simples.

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
Last edited by Marblesss at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by Marblesss
I'm sure i was 14 when i went to my first gig with just friends, well i might have been 15 but I am a girl so you should be fine hahah.

I'm a girl too, look at my profile guys
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by dubstar92
More like
"Hey buddy!" *shove*
"Huh?"
"Watch where you're going"
"Uhhhhh, sorry man." *walks away*

but if the guy insisted on wanting to fight. did you think about that ?
Quote by illuminatiano
but if the guy insisted on wanting to fight. did you think about that ?

alright
..."uhh sorry man" *walks away*
"Hey get back here, so i can beat your ass"
"I'm not going to fight you" *continues to walk away*
"So you are just going to puss out of this fight?"
"Sure man, whatever. I'm just here to listen to some music." *keeps walking away*
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by Venice King
I'm a girl too, look at my profile guys

pssh are you trying to say i want guys to look at my profile ¬_¬
If i wanted that i would have put it in my sig, I'm just trying to say that girls are a bit more at risk at gigs than guys, even if i am hench...
>.>
<.<

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
A couple weeks ago, I went to see Giant Squid at an 18+ venue with a friend who is a few years younger, so his dad had to come with us. It was actually pretty funny, because he had his 50 year old dad wear his Red Sparowes shirt. He just kind of sat at a table in the back, and finished up some work on his blackberry. Though if a parent does come, make sure that they, like my friend's dad, bring earplugs. You will have a much better chance of making it to the end of the show if your supervision has earplugs.

A few months earlier the same friend and I went to see Isis and Pelican, without his dad, and it was fine. I don't think stupidity has anything to do with age. I don't care if you are 12 or 35, if you are going to act like a child, then don't go someplace intended for adults. But anyways, I don't see any problem with younger kids going to gigs by themselves, as long as they behave. There is nothing more annoying than some 13 year old kid who somehow got ahold of a beer ruining a perfectly good show by acting like an asshole. Actually its pretty annoying when anyone gets wasted at a show and ruins it for everyone. If you want to get drunk go to a party or a live music-less bar, if you want to listen to music, go to a show.

Oh, and if you are going to act the way you should at the gig, it really shouldn't matter whether a parent is there or not. If you are really that embarrassed about them being there, listen to music they won't want to sit through.
Quote by dubstar92
alright
..."uhh sorry man" *walks away*
"Hey get back here, so i can beat your ass"
"I'm not going to fight you" *continues to walk away*
"So you are just going to puss out of this fight?"
"Sure man, whatever. I'm just here to listen to some music." *keeps walking away*

I would smoke him out. Well depends.
Page 1 of 2