Hey guys I just purchased a 97 Gibson Les Paul Joe Perry signature model. Got it for 1600 bux which I thought was a good deal. Anyone know what these guitars are worth? I'm stuck overseas with the military right now so i can't post pics yet but I will definatly post soon.
I want
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
for a sig model thats an awesome deal if its in good shape.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Mmm , sexy.
*prints out pictures and wanders to bedroom*
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Awesome. Definitely a good buy. I like that unique finish on it. What is that? Looks like some sort of dark brownish thing.
Quote by patbuck2
Awesome. Definitely a good buy. I like that unique finish on it. What is that? Looks like some sort of dark brownish thing.

The finish is called "Blackburst" and the Joe Perry Signature model is the only guitar I've ever seen it on. Not sure if they ever did the color again.
Nice, get some better pics up when you can.
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
I definatly will as soon as I get home(which is so soon but not soon enough haha). I can't wait to see how this bad boy sounds through my Mesa Boogie DC-5 Head!
damn great guitar!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by StormShadow657
The finish is called "Blackburst" and the Joe Perry Signature model is the only guitar I've ever seen it on. Not sure if they ever did the color again.

Oh. That's a pretty sweet finish.
As far as I know, the older Joe Perry models have some kind of mid boost that makes them sound almost wah-ish when engaged.
Either way, as a guitar player and a big Joe Perry fan, congratulations
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Yeah the midtone is a push pull pot that engages from what i've read is virtually the guts of a wah pedal. It can then be moved to either hit that sweet spot in the wah or as you turn the dial you can shift the frequency forward or back just like you would with an actual wah pedal. All and all a pretty cool feature.
Neat!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Sexy as hell man!!!! Beautiful guitar. absolutely loving the finish. HNGD!!! How does she sound??
Hey nick,
I wish I knew how she sounds bro..unfortunatly I'm stuck overseas right now with the USMC. All I knew was I had wanted one of these since I first laid eyes on one back in 1997 and when a reputable dealer I know of advertised they had one...well I had to own it. Got him to come down on price a little bit and picked it up for 1600 bucks. Unfortunatly it'll be nearly 2 weeks before I can play it. But...as soon as I can expect a full report on how she sounds through my Mesa
Thanks for the service to our country man. We all do appreciate it. And when you do play her, You better bump this thread so you can tell us!
Quote by nickdohle
Thanks for the service to our country man. We all do appreciate it. And when you do play her, You better bump this thread so you can tell us!

I most definatly will. Look for it in about 2 weeks or so. Also look for some better pics to come. I can't wait to experience that blackburst in person for the first time haha.