im planning on building a strat style guitar and i play blues rock kinda stuff, clapton, hendrix, slash (on my les paul (H)), and stevie ray vaughn so basically bluesy rock kinda stuff... and bit of advise helps hahah
i like the yjm they are a awesome strat tone to them but no hum, and u can get a srv/ clapton tone pritty easily
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
really like thats a good combo... what about middle pickup, i was thinking of fender lace cause i remember reading somewhere clapton uses them
What amp do you use?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

Don't buy a pod, or new pickups. the MG's your problem, bud.

Invest in a better amp, it's all in all a better choice in your case. The modelling of the MG piled on top of the Line 6 would not compliment your tone in any beneficial way. I know someone's gonna say I'm jumping on the 'get a new amp' bandwagon, but for the price of a POD XT Live and pickups you can purchase a great used or decent new amp.

Good luck
------

Shwiggity.
im happy with the sound of my ****ty amp, and a few people complimented me on the sound, im buying pickups for a strat because im building my own from a kit, custom paint, floyd rose, pickups, black pickguard, locking tuners, strap locks, the last guitar for a while, and i dont have a job but i might be working at a garage near by a few times a week soon, and pod has amps and patches effects,,, as you know so i wont need an amp for a long time
fair enough.

I'd say that you should stay away from the minibuckers, they try to emulate humbuckers, but (IMPO)do so poorly.

then again, emulation seems to be your thing, so you may wanna try them.
------

Shwiggity.
i was just thinking of using what clapton does hahah, i use same as slash in my les paul and sounds fine, i think i uses fender laces, im not sure though.. thx man
You're going to change pickups and not notice much of a difference, I'm afraid. So just get a set of cheap ones if you really NEED to change pickups.

I could recommend you a set of $300 custom-made, handwound pickups, but the fact is, you're not going to get a credible sound for the artists/styles you're looking for with your amp.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by Dirk Gently
You're going to change pickups and not notice much of a difference, I'm afraid. So just get a set of cheap ones if you really NEED to change pickups.

I could recommend you a set of $300 custom-made, handwound pickups, but the fact is, you're not going to get a credible sound for the artists/styles you're looking for with your amp.

He's not changing pickups, but putting them in a build. Therefore a change in tone will never be observed as he'll have nothing to compare it to. Anyway, TS, are you going SSS or HSS?
It's where your Bridge pickup is a Humbucker and the middle and neck are both single coils.
Quote by willT08
He's not changing pickups, but putting them in a build. Therefore a change in tone will never be observed as he'll have nothing to compare it to.

Fair enough, but my point still stands -- it's not worth buying expensive pickups with that amp because no matter what the guitar's tone will not be nuanced and will generally sound like crap.
Hi, I'm Peter
it sounds good to me hahah (shows what i know), check my youtube vids, i sorta have the tone but my playings just bad lol, like i said i dont have any money to buy a new amp, or even that kit for the strat yet, but just asking why would the Pod xt sound bad through my amp if im just using it as a speaker
how much would a jcm 800 cost? or some tube amp that can get slash, clapton hendrix angus young, and all hard rock bluesy kinda guys hahah
Quote by Shelbones01
how much would a jcm 800 cost? or some tube amp that can get slash, clapton hendrix angus young, and all hard rock bluesy kinda guys hahah

the head is about $1500 and the combo is about $2000, you could always look at a marshall vintage modern which is about the same price
but arent there like small versions of it, thats all i need since i dont play stadiums or even concerts... maybe when i feel like im good enough and people on youtube like me hahah
Get GFS pickups. You will be very happy with them and a full set will be cheaper then 1 brand name humbucker.

If you want an amp go with a Peavey Classic 30/VOX AC30 and get a good tube overdrive pedal.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by Shelbones01
it sounds good to me hahah (shows what i know), check my youtube vids, i sorta have the tone but my playings just bad lol

i just listened to his covers
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
i just listened to his covers

wow dude, like most people i dont like getting facepalms to my playing, im open to criticism just not **** like that and yeah i get kinda pissed off about that
k i need help with an amp, lol **** the guitar for the moment, i have a ****ty strat already, and my les paul is mint, but idk if i'd still want a pod xt because i dont play many songs with effects lol, any help using the info from above