|--------------------------|
|-0-------
|-2-------
|-2-------
|-0-------
|---------------

I've seen it being done with the index finger barred, like how do you go about keeping the B open, when your barring down the above strings?
Press down on the D string using your 1st finger, then the G with your second, or you can do it D string - 2nd finger, G - 3rd.

Either way works. It's up to personal preference.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
You can use your index for the D string and your middle for the G string. Or barre it with just the last joint of your index finger (requires your index finger to bend slightly backwards from the last joint, which is a bit uncomfortable for some people).
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Press down on the D string using your 1st finger, then the G with your second, or you can do it D string - 2nd finger, G - 3rd.

Either way works. It's up to personal preference.

this
I use my middle and ring fingers.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
doing the barre thing is definitely not comfortable/reliable at first, as with many other things about guitar. but with practice...

however, it's not really necessary at all, especially not with this one. one thing i can think of that requires it is playing the standard major chord with the root on the 5th string:

x
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Sep 10, 2009,
Take your left hand and make the classic devil horn rock sign. Then take the two fingers that are down, and fret the strings that need fretting and use your other fingers ( pinkie and index ) and mute the E strings.