Right now I run a 5150 II with a marshall 1960 cab and a few pedals(chorus/delay). It was good and simple for what I was playing (pop punk/hardcore) but I want an amp thats a little more versatile. Im still playing in a pop punk band, but I want something a little different. More importantly I need an amp that I can still crank up for high gain, but something with a nice and warm clean channel as well. I have been looking at the orange rockerverb amp although I havent gotten a chance to mess around with one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Quote by britishsligean
budget?
location?

Budget- 2,000 US
Location- New York
Why not get a tiny terror or a valve junior?
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Marshall MG 100 HDFX has a good clean.

As does the Line 6 Spider Valve.

Flame as much as you want, but you know I'm right.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Chikao42

hahs
and you should get a clean amp if you are liking the sound of the 6505
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Chikao42

I need something that is a little more versatile. Ive heard the MG 100...terrible with gain. Im looking for a tube amp that still has a nice clean sound.
do you like the sound of the 6505 dirty?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I'd try a JSX.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Holy-Diver
do you like the sound of the 6505 dirty?

Ive heard it and its ok, but I still dont like the clean channel on it.

you have a 5150
5150=6505
i mean do you like your amp for distortion?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver

you have a 5150
5150=6505
i mean do you like your amp for distortion?

I meant overall its ok. I dont "like" the amp for distortion, but its not bad. I really dont like the clean though.
Quote by Chris189
Right now I run a 5150 II with a marshall 1960 cab and a few pedals(chorus/delay). It was good and simple for what I was playing (pop punk/hardcore) but I want an amp thats a little more versatile. Im still playing in a pop punk band, but I want something a little different. More importantly I need an amp that I can still crank up for high gain, but something with a nice and warm clean channel as well. I have been looking at the orange rockerverb amp although I havent gotten a chance to mess around with one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Try a Mesa/Boogie Lone Star if you get the chance. The name makes it sound like it is a stereotypical blues amp, but it can do a whole lot more. It is 100 watts, but can be set to 10 watts for a studio/practice setting or 50 watts for smaller gigs. You get some very good cleans on channel one, and with channel two you can crank up the gain to go into some nice-sounding distortion territory. Check it out!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/Lonestar.htm
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
ok well you should try a
framus cobra
mesa mark iv
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
If you like the Peavey for it's drive and for what you play in a band situation why don't you look at a head specifically for cleans and get an amp switcher, which I've forgotten the name of. I think it's a Radial something though..

I think thats what Holy-Diver was trying to say as well. That way you have your versatility maxed out because you have 2 amps to play with rather than one.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

^ exactly
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I think ide rather have 1 amp that can do everything I want. I dont exactly have roadies. Carrying around 2 50 lb heads to every show is not my idea of a good time. Im looking for simplicity.