not at all. unless you're only starting guitar now, i would highly stay away from these. these are the LP special 2's. they're not good at all.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
what randomhero93 said^
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by randomhero93
not at all. unless you're only starting guitar now, i would highly stay away from these. these are the LP special 2's. they're not good at all.

+1
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
well, it's not bad, i have one and it's a basic instrument, does the job
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings! Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams!

VIVE LE QUÉBEC! VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE!

Charles De Gaulle, 1967

It's better to live one day as a lion
Than a thousand years as a lamb
The SG standard should be much better than the Special II
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
If it really is a Special and not a Standard then don't bother.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
thats another special, just the SG version. here's the link to that very guitar. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-101392124-i1149250.gc

EDIT: Damn you simpleplanftw! damn you to hell!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93

EDIT: Damn you simpleplanftw! damn you to hell!

ah well, I was a bit slow there too, there's many posts before me about how it's a special not a standard.
Quote by RLewisH
(Invalid img)

?? looks the same to me

pic fails...
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by simpleplanftw
ah well, I was a bit slow there too, there's many posts before me about how it's a special not a standard.

they just said that it looks more like a special, they weren't completely sure.
Quote by pedromiles101
I think I'm just going to buy an Epiphone from a local guitar shop where I know the guy. If anyone here in San Diego has a guitar with a better sound than my strat and would like to sell it cheap please pm me

Thanks for all your help guys
Quote by RLewisH
http://yfrog.com/3qguitar1copyp

i put them side by side and it looks the same to me

standards have set neck, specials have bolted neck, pretty big difference. standards are generally better.

Edit: the pictures you were comparing were both specials, that's why they're the same.
Last edited by simpleplanftw at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by RLewisH
I think I'm just going to buy an Epiphone from a local guitar shop where I know the guy. If anyone here in San Diego has a guitar with a better sound than my strat and would like to sell it cheap please pm me

Thanks for all your help guys

if going for an SG shape, go with a G-400. it's a pretty good guitar for the price. but you may wanna check out other companies besides epiphone. you might like the feel and tone of a different guitar from a different company better
Quote by pedromiles101
the g-400 is amazing i've had mine a week and i played it so much i had to stop for a few days because i eas getting a blister on one of my fingers
there's no way that thing is made in the USA, just fyi.

there's no hurt in trying it out and seeing if you like it
It's all about feel