i have a 1972 espana acoustic. and i recieved it 2 yrs ago. however it is obvious that it hasnt been humidified. so i want to know if i get a huidifier, will it not cave in due to lack of humidity and go back to its original shape? or is it stuck like that?
If it's solid wood, it should restore to its proper shape. Maybe not all the way, but a good portion. You may want to bring it into a store to get it checked out properly though. Lack of humidity can cause a lot of damage that you may not immediately see. As well, a good guitar tech will be able to rehydrate your guitar quicker than you, which is a good thing.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
any question how much it would cost for it to be done? and yes its just wood, no electronics or plastic involved in the guitar body (not counting the bridge screws and the bridge nuts (plastic))
I can't be sure of the cost. It depends how much damage has been done. As well... do you know if the top is solid wood? Or is it laminate?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i have no idea. i can tell it at least has a coat of laqure/finish on it. but i do know that it is caving in behind the sound hole and in the back. which i know does make it a bit hard to play