Do you guys think a modern Woodstock could happen again in the near future? not just the music festival people actually getting along, NO violence, enjoying one another, creating a movement etc.

discuss why or why not
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
nope, sorry

they tried it in the 90's and from what i heard it wasn't exactly peace n harmony

I would love for something like it to happen as would many others but there is just some phenomenon you cannot duplicate
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
nope. even if enough bands would agree to play on one huge venue for low amounts of money, and made it about music and peace, there arent enough people in the world who would avoid violence. look at what happened in 1999. rape, violence, fires... there is no way it could happen...
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
No, b/c moshpits create violence.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
not only that, the music at woodstock was psychedelic music, (the same genre) so what genre would it be
im the drunkest burning star
I dunno. One thing about woodstock was that it was right in the middle of the sexual/drug revolution, so there were flower children doped the **** up everywhere, not exactly conditions for violence, and there was also the vietnam war, which was heavily protested, so most people of the demographic that the festival would cater to were the same ones protesting the war, and so not really the type who would want violence to begin with.

The only way another woodstock could work is if it was with music that didn't create moshs (how much of that is there anymore?), and there was a big social movement against violence coinciding, which, with the amount of wars, and the lessening support for them, might just happen.

I'd say it's possible, but highly unlikely right now.
Quote by GustavoGonzalez
not only that, the music at woodstock was psychedelic music, (the same genre) so what genre would it be

Neo-Psychedelia?
Absolutely not.

People are really tense and on-edge these days, especially at a concert. There's no way anyone could hold a three day concert without anyone fighting in this day and age.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
woodstock wasn't peaceful at all. disgusting conditions. lots of theft. people got raped. lots of fights.

sounds like any jo bros concert to me
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Wesseem
woodstock wasn't peaceful at all. disgusting conditions. lots of theft. people got raped. lots of fights.

sounds like any jo bros concert to me

See, you're thinking of Woodstock 99.

You know, the one that had ****ing Insane Clown Posse at it.
no, it really was an extraordinary phenomenon.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by fenderuser93
Do you guys think a modern Woodstock could happen again in the near future? not just the music festival people actually getting along, NO violence, enjoying one another, creating a movement etc.

discuss why or why not

except for the bit about it creating a movement, that happens every year at FloydFest.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Ain't gonna happen, Joe.

(Or are we not doing that anymore?)
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by MedicreDemon
lmao no violence? What do you think woodstock was? It was a horrible place lol.

Dude there was no violence.
It was gross though lol
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by crazy8rgood

WHAT??? Please explain.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by lilfid12
Dude there was no violence.
It was gross though lol

Yeah ok im sure there was no violence during a 3 day festival with that many people, and tons of drugs.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Yeah ok im sure there was no violence during a 3 day festival with that many people, and tons of drugs.

Well, when the drugs are relaxing (except of course acid), and the people all believe in peace, there probably wasn't any violence. I've heard many stories told by attendees who said there wasn't any violence, not even any scuffles.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
we need a badass festival ( prefferably in georgia ) with the flaming lips, phish, the grateful dead, alvin lee, umphrey's mcgee, sts9, explosions in the sky, bob dylan, paul mccartney, zappa plays zappa, the mars volta, modest mouse, .moe, rush, slightly stoopid and santana. Oh my tree this would be the greatest.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by bry0n
Well, when the drugs are relaxing (except of course acid), and the people all believe in peace, there probably wasn't any violence. I've heard many stories told by attendees who said there wasn't any violence, not even any scuffles.

There was.
Didn't a guy got murdered in Woodstock, where I come from, that's considered violence.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by GustavoGonzalez

jam bands... they're modern versions of 60's and 70's jam bands...
some guy slept under a car and got ran over when they decided to move the car in the morning

this is a reply to fat bastard btw
No, not with todays people.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
No, not with todays people.

today's people ?

why not ?

why make such an immense generalization ?
Last edited by illuminatiano at Sep 10, 2009,
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Didn't a guy got murdered in Woodstock, where I come from, that's considered violence.

he was curled up in a sleeping bag in middle of a field on acid. A guy driving a tractor didn't see him and well...

I watched a 2 hour woodstock documentary today
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
I could happen. Anything can happen.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Great gig, simply brilliant.
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

Either your referring to the guy who got run over because he slept under a tractor, or you're thinking of the Altamont festival, where Meredith Hunter was murdered by the Hell's Angels. Other than that, by all accounts, Woodstock was really quite peaceful.

OT: I really doubt that it could happen again, because it was a certain time, and all the conditions were just so. That said however, I wish it could happen again