Alright so im playing with single coils and i own a line 6 flextone 3. Now the school amp i use is a spyder 3 relatively the same 120 V (mines 150V) when i was playing at school, i used it in the neck position just fine and there was no hum unless close to the amp. With my amp there is always this hum with the neck, middle and bridge. a slight white noise.
Is it because somethings knocked loose in my amp? Or could it be that im playing in a really small room?
(i need an answer soon because i have a school gig in a football field so i don't want to have that hum or whatever.)
Quote by mudrock1000
Alright so im playing with single coils and i own a line 6 flextone 3. Now the school amp i use is a spyder 3 relatively the same 120 V (mines 150V) when i was playing at school, i used it in the neck position just fine and there was no hum unless close to the amp. With my amp there is always this hum with the neck, middle and bridge. a slight white noise.
Is it because somethings knocked loose in my amp? Or could it be that im playing in a really small room?
(i need an answer soon because i have a school gig in a football field so i don't want to have that hum or whatever.)

I shall try to find this person for you, but he was able to solve the hum problem by just really shielding the guitar a lot more. That'd probably help more than buying a pedal and save you a lot of money in the long run too. Now I'm off to find him.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by Alex Vik
It might be the fact that you have single coils. The Spider has a built in noisegate so you don't hear it with that.

Really? Hm that could be it then.
Can you borrow a guitar with humbuckers to see if that bucks the hum?