Page 1 of 2
NGD!

All koa soft sunsetburst DC127M...

(Boy is is hard to photograph koa and do it justice, looks so different depending on how the light hits it.)

Anyway, came out exactly as I had imagined it, it's like they read my mind. Sounds great, awesome note definition. The neck plays better and smoother than anything I've played before, and the stainless frets make bending feel like greased lightning.

Curse you Carvin! Now you've gone and ruined all my other non-Carvin guitars for me :P
I get the feeling that that thing can SCREAM, though it looks all nice and elegant.

that's why I love Carvin. The guitar looks like it's for Jazz or something, and while it could be, you just turn up the gain, and you're back in the 80s.

They need to reissue the Jason Becker carvin.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
never played one of those before. looks amazing though.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Looks sick man, enjoy
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
HNGD!

If I had to pick one guitar to play for a lifetime it would be a DC145 with a Floyd Rose slapped on it.

I bet it plays like a dream.
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
HNGD!!!!!!!!! I love koa, it's so neat looking.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

im really liking the recent photos ive seen of carvins, including this one. im becoming a bigger fan of wood grain finishes than ive been in the past. nice axe dude!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

HNGD!!!
i have a carvin dc200 from 84' and its better than that :P

lol
seriously though. you made one of the best choices ever by buying a carvin. probably one of the highest quality guitars made in the usa. they play and feel beautifully.
Classical Guitarist
Oh wow, thats gorgeous! Welcome to the Carvin family
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Carvin = amazing

Congratulations.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Where did I put those tissues...
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Damn that has got to be probably one of the most sexiest finishes I've ever seen.

Now I want a carvin

HNGD
what is the neck profile like (or compare to)?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Hawt. I don't care for flames or quilts normally - which Carvin is so huge on - but I make an exception for koa. How's its neck profile?

I might be ordering one of their semihollows sometime this winter. Maybe we should start a Carvin owners thread then?
Thanks all -

The neck is a flat C profile, I'd say.. This thread on the Carvin board could probably answer better.. besides, I'm still working on my coffee :P
NGD! That is a beautiful axe.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
what kind of pickups are those?

that finish is orgasmic!
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
what kind of pickups are those?

that finish is orgasmic!

Those are their S22 pickups, supposedly much like their standard M22's, but covered and a bit mellower. That said, they seem a bit hotter than the 'whatever' pickups you usually get stock on a guitar - I like em, gonna keep em in there I think.
Looks beautiful, grats.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Awesome guitar HNGD
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
I love the shine on it, and the finish looks so smooth, enjoy! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay

Jaw LITERALLY DROPPED! Sexy guitar man, HNGD!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm afraid to ask... but how much was it?

And so do I wanna know...please :P
Really nice guitar otherwise you've got a great deal here HNGD
Guitars: Carvin Dc127
Amps: Peavey 6505+ head
Marshall 1960A cab
Roland cube 15
Effects:
BOSS NS-2
INHALED
I'm intrigued that from the rear the neck clearly goes right through the body, but from the front the body looks like it's just two pieces -- I guess the neck and two halves of the body form a triangle internally. Is this normal for neck-thru construction?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm afraid to ask... but how much was it?

Using Carvin's Guitar Builder on their website... I'm gonna hazard a guess that it was around $1500. And if you ditched the Koa, you'd probably knock it down to just a little over $1000. For those of us in the States, Carvins are awesome deals.
Quote by ascend
I'm intrigued that from the rear the neck clearly goes right through the body, but from the front the body looks like it's just two pieces -- I guess the neck and two halves of the body form a triangle internally. Is this normal for neck-thru construction?

I believe it just has a flamed top. There's the neck piece, the two body "wings," and a thin top laid over them.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Sep 14, 2009,
Using Carvin's Guitar Builder on their website... I'm gonna hazard a guess that it was around $1500. And if you ditched the Koa, you'd probably knock it down to just a little over $1000. For those of us in the States, Carvins are awesome deals.

I believe it just has a flamed top. There's the neck piece, the two body "wings," and a thin top laid over them.

Yup, you're correct. They are also available without a top laminate that allows the neck thru to show from the top - doing that with a multi-wood laminate gives a racing stripe effect.

And you're pretty close on the price, it was just past $1700 - I had been lusting after a Carvin since I visited the San Diego showroom 7 years ago, and thanks to gun nuts freaking out after Obama took office, I was able to sell some guns for a good price to get this. All the better - if you think guitars are an expensive hobby, try dropping $400 on ammo for one day at the range!
I was looking at Carvin's site yesterday, seems like an awesome company with so many options...

I can't figure out the difference between the DC127 and the ST300 though other than slightly different body shape?
That is quite possibly one of the nicest looking guitars I have EVER seen in my life.
The finish, the shape of the body, the colour combination. Everything is perfect.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Nice man I've been thinkin about gettin myself a Carvin in all Koa as well. Congrats! It looks spectacular. How does it play?
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
Gorgeous. I love Carvin, I hope to order a CT6 sometime in the next year. I'm very picky and it's great to have a true reasonable mail order custom shop available that churns out quality instruments.
Page 1 of 2