so ive been playing for over three years and i still cant do squeelies (pinch harmonics) similar to that of dimebag or zakk wylde, now i know a lot of people don't like these two guitarists but dont flame me for mentioning them.

i was hoping i could get some help from you guys on how i can get them to sound better, i can get the pinch harmonics (usually) but i just cant get them to squeel and its really annoying thanks.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I was like "Shut up woman, Satch is playing"
Quote by Soul Power
Maybe instead of eating you, you and her could eat a drifter. Like, make it one of those things you do together as a couple.
Well it's a knack really. You have to 'catch' the the right way. Zack uses like .12 or .13 gauge strings on his guitar, and tons and tons of gain, which is why his squeal. I'm pretty sure Dimebag used a tremolo bar. What you do is you play an open string, such as the 3rd string, and push the trem down to lower the pitch, and pull it up slowly and when you do, hit a natural harmonic on the fretboard, and pull up on the trem, and it will 'squeal'.
thanks that was a lot of help. im pretty sure one of my problems is i dont use much vibrato when i try, and i dont have humbuckers
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I was like "Shut up woman, Satch is playing"
Quote by Soul Power
Maybe instead of eating you, you and her could eat a drifter. Like, make it one of those things you do together as a couple.
Quote by 30 30 150
thanks that was a lot of help. im pretty sure one of my problems is i dont use much vibrato when i try, and i dont have humbuckers

Shouldn't stop you getting the harmonics, however, with that set up you're never going to sound like Zakk- esp. with little vibrato!
A thing that i have thought about and i am not trying to talk something bad about zakk wylde because he seriously owns.
But if i would hand his gear to anyone that is good at pinch harmonics it could sound exactly the same.
And some tips use dropped tuning and try to find the sweet spot and max the gain.
You have to make your thumn touch the string after youve played it ,i ws the same i couldnt get pinched harmonics for ages and it stressed me.
I learned by playing a note and then as soon as i played it touching the string lightly with my thumb ,practice this until you can hear the high pitched note ring out.
Hold the pick so a bit of your thumb sticks out the side ,then play the 3rd fret ,G string ,as you hit the note strike the string with your thumb lightly. Dont hit the string with your thumb at the same time as the string ,this wont work ,you have to play the string then hit it with your thumb ,keep practicing and youl be able to do it like Zakk and Dime.
Make sure your on the bottom pick up ,lots of distortion and gain will help too.
Im pretty good with them, I am just going to say keep practicing and expiriment with them. Im sorry I can't say much more, I just learned the basic pinch harmonic, and took off on my own, adding vibrato and such.

Keep on practicing.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken