So pretty much I want to do this:

To this:

I know that the flame thing on the Traben is actually all part of the bridge, but I just want to get that same kinda look.
I plan on simply making a metal plate with a similar design, but fitting it better the style of my guitar(maybe wrapping flames around the volume knobs and stuff ). I think I'm just gonna use a sheet of stainless steel, and polish it up real nice .
I don't have a lot of experience with this kinda thing, but I should have my Dad to help me out with the wood and metal working aspects of it.

Does anybody see any problems with the idea? Oh, and I should be able to leave the finish on the section of wood under the plate, right?
As long as you align everything correctly, apart for the holes for the screws you're going to use to fix the plate on the guitar, I can see no harm coming to your guitar and/or finish.

Good luck.
~ “Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
yeah, shouldent be too hard, just have the plate cut nicly, you dont wanna pointy/scratchy guitar, not one that cuts you while your playing it lol...

bc rich did the same kinda thing a little while ago...

but with web, not flames, still. pretty cool.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
A BCR that's closer to what he's doing would be the evil edge mockingbird. Because that plate goes around (or rather is part of) the bridge.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by metal-matt
bc rich did the same kinda thing a little while ago...

but with web, not flames, still. pretty cool.

Snap! I have a cruddy BC rich Warlock that would look sick with a webs like that! Maybe I'll do that next.....

And yeah, I plan on rounding all the edges over--pretty much making it look and feel as professional as I can...