are sad, slow, not distorted, mellow, but most importantly - MELODIC. I'm in the mood for a really sad song that has the potential to make me sad, but i need it to be melodic.

Something along the lines of My Immortal by Evanescence is good, because it's nice and melodic the whole way through with no strange key changes or anything like that.

Also please post songs that adhere to the above criteria.. don't just ignorantly post songs that happen to make you cry without reading what i wrote above.
Epiphone: Les paul Custom SB
Line Six Spider III 15
70$ wal-mart brand acoustic

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
...And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth - Agalloch

EDIT : has an excellent acoustic guitar solo that's really emotional and fun to play too.

and +1 to explosions in the sky
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Sep 10, 2009,
Things Aren't So Beautiful Now (Part II) - A Thorn For Every Heart

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
inb4 i cum blood

Ehmmm try Dream with me , by Stratovarius.

Maybe it's not too sad, but it's melodic
Genesis-Carpet Crawlers (I'd advise watching the live version with Phil Collins on Lead vocals..it's mesmerising)

King Crimson-Islands (A true hidden treasure)

Along the lines of newer bands

Wild beasts-The Devil's Crayon
-His Grinning Skull (after you get halfway there, the second vocalist interrupts everything with his singing this epic build-up of the words "heave-ho")
Lack of Color - Death Cab for Cutie
I Will Follow You Into the Dark - DFCF and just about half of Death Cab's songs
Wake Up (acoustic) - Coheed and Cambria
Up Against The Ropes-August Burns Red.
or more realistically
"Remembering Sunday"-All Time Low.
It's sad and mellow at first, then it gets cool and a little more optimistic, and then sad/loudish/awesome. check it out, it's totally worth it even if its not exactly what you're looking for.
i dont listen to Evanescence so idk what you're looking for really. so these are just some songs that i listen to that chill me out/make me sad.

Bring Me The Horizon - 15 Fathoms, Counting

Chase Coy - Take Me Away, Never Change, If The Moon Fell Down

Copeland - Brightest, California, Coffee, The Grey Man, On The Safest Ledge

Deas Vail - Shoreline

Edison Glass - You Mean The World To Me, Jean Val Jean

Explosions In The Sky - ANY of there songs. for real dude. beautiful instrumental music.

Manchester Orchestra - I Can Feel A Hot One, I Can Feel Your Pain, Sleeper 1972, Where Have You Been?, How I Waited

This Will Destroy You - another instrumental band

thats all i can think of off the top of my head. enjoy

WARNING: listening to all of these songs on a single playlist may result in a permanent state of chill. to reverse the effects of said chill, listen to Disfiguring the Goddess. or simply look up 'Big Chocolate vocals' on youtube.
Last edited by !normajean! at Sep 10, 2009,
definetly definetly. the diary of jane. [acoustic version] by breaking benjamin. i love it
Pretty much any sad songs by power metal bands.
Don't You Cry by Kamelot or Tallulah by Sonata Arctica are good examples. Harvest of Sorrow by Blind Guardian is good, too.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up