Hello everyone

Well I've been jamming with a good friend of mine for the past 4 or so years, we started writing songs together about 2 years ago though. At first, our songs pretty much sucked cock I like to think we've grown as writers over time though, and even though our songs aren't amazing or anything, we think we're ready to start playing some shows and trying to get our music out there.

Here's the dilemma though. About half of our songs are 2 acoustic guitars or a guitar and a ukulele, while the other half are pop-punk songs. I don't think playing the acoustic songs live will be much of a problem, just my friend and I. As far as the pop punk stuff, we've got a friend who plays bass and can sing well, I'll be playing drums/background vocals, and my friend will be playing guitar/lead vocals. The main issue we've been trying to figure out is, how are we going to pack all of this into a single show? We were brainstorming, we thought maybe play some pop-punk songs, play an acoustic song or two in the middle or our set, and end it with a few more pop punk songs? Or is there a better way of doing this? Should we just do separate acoustic shows and rock shows?

Any advice or help you have is greatly appreciated, thank you
theres no wrong way to do it, that would be fine. just make sure when youre transitioning between acoustic and punk you have someone talk to the audience to keep them occupied instead of waiting. lines like "how you folks doing tonight?" or "enjoying the show so far?", then followups work great.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
theres no wrong way to do it, that would be fine. just make sure when youre transitioning between acoustic and punk you have someone talk to the audience to keep them occupied instead of waiting. lines like "how you folks doing tonight?" or "enjoying the show so far?", then followups work great.

Thanks, that makes sense, I'll probably end up using this
Before you even consider this, make absolutely sure that you have nailed down completely the equipment transition. I've had too many shows where the people bust out the acoustics, and no matter how much talking or other distraction, it still ends up feeling like an hour before they have reset up.
Have the acoustic guitars on stage, play a few punk songs and then have the singer say: "How you doing? We are going to play a few acoustic pieces for you now".

From then on, just take the guitars and play.