Page 1 of 5

9/11. The day that changed the world forever.

Thoughts & comments. Keep the religious babble in the Religion & Philosophy thread.

edit: it's 2 PM, Friday the 11th of September here.

Also, I was at school in grade 3, and heard my friends talking about "planes flying into the Pentagon". I had no clue what they were talking about. I didn't understand the significance of the attacks for a long while.
Last edited by kenan6346 at Sep 11, 2009,
hmmmm

it's still 9/10 here..

is this thread really necessary?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Might as well just start this thread before everyone else, amirite?
LARGE TEXT
It's really crazy when you actually sit for a second and think about what happened. It just hit me with more effect then it ever did before for some reason. wow.
My friend's birthday
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by touji-za-nai
hmmmm

it's still 9/10 here..

is this thread really necessary?

Over here too

I was only in grade 2 at the time, so i didnt really understand what was happening

i also agree with flann
Quote by MuffinBrain

OH GOD!!!

I definitely didn't see that one coming.
My first lol stack

SIGNATURE

tacos are an excellent source of everything thats in tacos
Last edited by chaimwitz at Sep 11, 2009,
didn't really change the world... it just changed NYC and then affected america....

then was used as a scapegoat by bush to really make a war for oil calling it the 'war on terror'.
ITT: you nostalgia you lose...

Just kidding I really hope the human race can straighten out so any future attacks never happen.

EDIT: I e\was also in 2nd grade, are poor teacher had a hard time explaining what happened to us.
Last edited by Littleangus44 at Sep 11, 2009,
My friend's birthday as well.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by Unourrit01
i was in 6th grade at the time. scared sh1tless

I remember in elementary school when my 3rd grade teacher tried to get it on TV all day through these crappy rabbit ears and how when I saw a plane during recess I asked my friends if they'd be scared if that happened to us.

Yeah, random thought.
LARGE TEXT
opened this thread at 9:11....creepy?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
I live an hour away from it and I remember being in class when it happened.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
Come on much worse things have happened... You're all a bunch of pussies
Thanks for reminding me.

I hate September 11th since then because it's always the same nostalgic cheesy sadness and people get all patriotic. I don't see why it has to be such a big deal this long after it's happened.

It was really sad, yes, but why revisit the sadness every year?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yeah, all politics and theories aside, I think we can all agree that the death of 3,000+ human beings qualifies as a bad day.

I just could not understand what was happening

Yeah man, I didn't get it. I just wanted to watch some cartoons!
How about we make a thread to remember all the other equally and most definitely even more horrendous events in history as well?
i was in 6th grade. we were supposed to be watching "ben-hur", but my teacher forgot to rewind it, so we just happened to watch the news. we saw the second plane hit.

i had no idea what was going on.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Yeah man, I didn't get it. I just wanted to watch some cartoons!

me too, I had DBZ on and all of a sudden my dad comes rushing into the room and he flips on the news

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Cole419
Come on much worse things have happened... You're all a bunch of pussies

You, sir, are a jackass.
i like how this even has given my friends funny and horrible new jokes. for instance, this one was used today in regards to having to take a crap

"be right back, i gotta go drop a plane on the pentagon"

yeah, it sucks that a bunch of people died... but... doesn't really effect me in anyway... (i live in delaware, just so ya know)

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Unourrit01
i was in 6th grade at the time. scared sh1tless

same here... Well I wasnt scared sh!tless... a lil freaked out. I dont think I quite understood how big it was..
Quote by Gargantuan
me too, I had DBZ on and all of a sudden my dad comes rushing into the room and he flips on the news

Aw ****, that was like my favorite show back in 2001! Good times.

err... >_>
I think it would serve the country better to move on.

Quote by kenan6346

Also, I was at school in grade 3, and heard my friends talking about "planes flying into the Pentagon". I had no clue what they were talking about.

This.

But I realized the significance in the coming days and weeks.

I'm getting off the computer, but if this thread is still open tomorrow I'll post my 9/11 experience.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 11, 2009,
i remember after the first one hit our teacher told us that a plane crashed in one of the biggest buildings in the world or something and then when the second one hit the building went into like shutdown mode and all the students parents came and picked everyone up. also at the time i thought the last war that occurred was world war 2 so i expected the war to be huge. basically i thought i was going to die.
i was pissed that my cartoon channels were overtaken by news broadcasts. that's almost all i remember.

i really hope this thread doesn't turn into arguments about conspiracy theories.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by bradulator
It was really sad, yes, but why revisit the sadness every year?

It's remembrance; we should reflect on how we can ensure that something like that doesn't happen again.

edit:

Quote by Snowblind 911
i was pissed that my cartoon channels were overtaken by news broadcasts. that's almost all i remember.

i really hope this thread doesn't turn into arguments about conspiracy theories.

Ditto. It was a terrible foreign attack perpetrated by extremists who brought the religion that they fought for to shame.
Last edited by kenan6346 at Sep 11, 2009,
Sittin' in my 4th grade classroom when it happened, one of the most scary things I've ever seen, when the second plane hit and the tower came down. My teacher was at a loss for words and didn't want to talk about it.
I first saw that documentary meant to be about firefighters in 6th grade, and have seen it 3 times since. Seeing it last year was the most horrifying.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
i was in first grade and i had no idea what had happened. my mom came and ate lunch with me at school (shut up it was cool at the time) and told me there was a disaster in New York City. I don't think I truly understood what happened until a few years after it happened.
I still remember the day that happened. I was sitting in class in 3rd grade, when our assistant principal walks in and tells us that a plane crashed into the twin towers. I thought that it was just an accidental crash, I didn't think that it was something that huge. Next thing I know, people's parents started to pick up their kids early, and I was really confused, but was glad that my mom was going to pick me up soon. When I got outside of the school, I was able to smell the smoke in the air, and my mom said that the damage done to the towers was huge. When I got home I turned on the news and saw the whole thing, and I was getting really scared for my dad because he worked in Manhattan. We called him and I was very glad to hear that he worked on the other side of the city, so he was safe at the moment. Being an 8 year old boy at the time, I was confused and scared and thought that we might get hurt, but my mom was there giving me pep talk. Eventually, about 2-3 hours later my dad finally comes home and tells us that they had to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to get back home, and doing so he watched the 2nd tower collapse. I was really scared and was wondering why all of this happened. That was when i first learned what terrorism is.
I remember that day like it was yesterday. I watched on tv in school the second plane hit, bunches of people jumping and both towers go down.

EDIT:
I was in 5th grade. Dunno why its important but everyone else is saying what grade they were in.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Sep 11, 2009,
I was homeschooled when it happened... My parents didn't know it happened we don't watch the TV much in our house... When my neighbor came home and started playing and I asked him why he was there he said planes crashed into some towers... I really had no idea what he was talking about... then in the coming days I finally realized what happened... It's pretty sad. It seems hard to comprehend something until you are older and realize what life is somewhat. I seem to understand and have deeper feelings for it the older I get.

May this never happen again.
Quote by kenan6346
It's remembrance; we should reflect on how we can ensure that something like that doesn't happen again.

edit:

Ditto. It was a terrible foreign attack perpetrated by extremists who brought the religion that they fought for to shame.

Well there's no real way to stop anybody from doing anything, especially muslim extremists. But I understand what you mean, I just prefer to be positive and not have my day ruined by having to think about unhappy things and seeing a bunch of overdone patriotism.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i was in grade 6 and got grounded that day for not doing my homework, it was the first week of school gimme a break
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I was 10 years old. We were sent home early from school because nobody knew when or what the terrorists would strike next. It was terror in every sense of the word. Damn it, I still get emotional seeing the images of those burning towers. I will never forget.
I was in first grade, had no idea of the significance.

EDIT: Also, my friend for some reason thinks 20,000 people died, not 3,000
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 11, 2009,
Let's try and keep the focus of the thread on the events of that day, and not turn it into a political debate.

I couldn't imagine the amount of devastation that day caused in many families lives.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Page 1 of 5