FINALLY got my pedal I ordered a few weeks ago. It's the Behringer VM-1. Essentially a clone of the EXH Deluxe Memory Man. I'm extremely impressed at both the build AND sound quality of this thing. I've enclosed a link to a crappily played demo I made on Youtube. I've got a lot to learn about dialing it in. The demo is just running through a few recommended pre-sets in the manual. Thanks for looking!

YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA6sEPxEel4

Demo gear shots:

SLAP energy drinks ftw.
swwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt!!! somehow they got it to look more like it came from teh first star wars movie than the DMM which they obviously ripped off! but how does it SOUND basil? im betting awesome.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
nice r2 d2 HNPD!
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
nm. watched the clip. NICE! and i just noticed the R2D2 as well. classic. i got a stormtrooper that sits on my Thunderverb 50!
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
swwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt!!! somehow they got it to look more like it came from teh first star wars movie than the DMM which they obviously ripped off! but how does it SOUND basil? im betting awesome.

I was looking all over the box for "A-wing inspired design, fight the Imperials with this analog delay of power", but alas it was nowhere to be found

And check the Youtube link for soundclips. Kinda sucky demo and I have a lot to learn about dialing it in but using it for atmostpherics and using my digital delay for precision repeats I'm getting a lot of cool tones
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by bellamy_morello
nice r2 d2 HNPD!

Haha, thanks! He sits battery-less most of the time but he's entertaining when friends are over to just leave running.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
nm. watched the clip. NICE! and i just noticed the R2D2 as well. classic. i got a stormtrooper that sits on my Thunderverb 50!

As an owner of the "real deal" I'm honored that you think it sounds decent. I've only compared it with online clips (but we all know how much justice THOSE do). Overall I'm really happy, especially for my budget rig.

And is it one of the Kenner 6" stormtroopers? /star wars nerd mode
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by thrasher.

Looks nice, how does the Vox take all the pedals?

Extremely well if used within reason. Go past the 12 o'clock mark on the amp model dial (high gain territory) and the distortion/fuzzes get a bit muddy. Leave it on the lower gain stuff and it LOVES it. Definitely takes to pedals better then a lot of solid states and DEFINITELY better then most amp modelers. Having the entire left side of the board (modulations) in the loop helps as well.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by Business
HNPD

I own one of these too and love it.

Nice! And thank you! Glad to share a common interest with other budget minded guitarists on here
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
About how many repeats can it get before it starts to self oscillate? Most of the demos Ive heard have very few repeats and usually its quite hard to hear the echo at all =-/
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
About how many repeats can it get before it starts to self oscillate? Most of the demos Ive heard have very few repeats and usually its quite hard to hear the echo at all =-/

I've yet to count them but beyond 1 o'clock on the knob it starts to oscillate. It's still manageable at that point but beyond that gets hairy.

EDIT: And yes, the echo is a lot more subtle then my digital delay. Much higher on the mix knob and I start to lose original signal volume.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Nice due HNPD
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by ianae86
Nice! And thank you! Glad to share a common interest with other budget minded guitarists on here

Well not necessarily budget-minded, but I hate getting ripped-off when I can get the same pedal for a third or a quarter of the cost of the original. Doesn't mind if I have Bill Gates' back account or MC Hammer's, just a question of principle. If everybody else was being a better customer and not buying overpriced stuff, companies would ultimately lower their price. Anyway, enough of that
That actually sounds really nice Especially for a Behringer product and I've owned a few of them good find man, HPND
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

congrats dude
HNPD

Nice R2 D2
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
My eyes were more drawn to the art on the wall and the bin full of bottle caps than anything else
404: Sig not found.
HEY! I've been looking for that droid.

HNPD. interesting rig, i love thinline teles.
Quote by ChrisN
My eyes were more drawn to the art on the wall and the bin full of bottle caps than anything else

That's weird ... me too. That and the R2D2 .. The art on the wall is crazy.

Love the VT series Vox's. Lucky man.

Proxy blocks youtube at work so I won't be able to view the video.

But with that, HNPD!!
It sounds good, but I noticed the power LED failed to light up. My old Behringer Tube OD has the same problem. Nice Tele.
Quote by BrickIsRed
It sounds good, but I noticed the power LED failed to light up. My old Behringer Tube OD has the same problem. Nice Tele.

I'm surprised with those great deductive skills you also didnt notice that the guitar input and outputs have also clearly fallin off the pedal entirely. It must me some sort of voodoo magic keeping that thing going.. No power, no input or output but yet it is still able to produce sound... How can this be?

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I'm surprised with those great deductive skills you also didnt notice that the guitar input and outputs have also clearly fallin off the pedal entirely. It must me some sort of voodoo magic keeping that thing going.. No power, no input or output but yet it is still able to produce sound... How can this be?

No need to be an ass. I was just saying it's a common Behringer problem.
Quote by BrickIsRed
No need to be an ass. I was just saying it's a common Behringer problem.

And there is no need to jump the gun and state his Behringer has a problem or is broken because yours happens to be..

But my apologies I was bored this morning and was in a wtf mood.

Yeah, the pedal just wasn't hooked up for the demo. Took the pics before I hooked it up. The only strange thing I've found is it likes to "warm up". If I don't give it about 30 seconds after firing up the rig and flipping on it's power switch it "pops" a little bit when the pedal is engaged. And even when not engaged the LED still has a subtle glow. That might just be a little bit of the power bleeding through. Doesn't effect the sound in any way though so I don't care.

Thanks for all the favorable comments, everyone!
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
I've yet to count them but beyond 1 o'clock on the knob it starts to oscillate. It's still manageable at that point but beyond that gets hairy.

EDIT: And yes, the echo is a lot more subtle then my digital delay. Much higher on the mix knob and I start to lose original signal volume.

Ah, fair enough. I suppose Im just used to over the top settings with my digital delay
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by Mack56
HEY! I've been looking for that droid.

HNPD. interesting rig, i love thinline teles.

thats not the droid you're looking for.

haha, had to!

and this is my stormtrooper. nothing special, jsut a blockbuster bobble
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
HNR2D2D!

And I'll play too.

After the destruction of the Death Star, Darth Vader needed a new ride...

Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I also have a Time Machine on my pedalboard, and I'm a fan. I don't use it often, but when I need it, it does its job, and for a decent price.

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is my LED is SUPER bright when engaged, but that's all I can find to complain about.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Last edited by sharkbait08 at Sep 11, 2009,
Awesome HNPD
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
I've always been very interested whether these can actually compare the the real DMM...

Anyway, HNPD
but...why do you need pedals/effects on a modelling amp? :S

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
but...why do you need pedals/effects on a modelling amp? :S

I bought my VT100 for the quality of the amp modeling and not the effects themselves. I mainly play with them to see if I would like to add that effect to my pedalboard. I prefer the versatility of individual pedals and the ability to run multiple effects. Plus the VT is the only modeling amp I've played that seems to take pedals quite well.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
I've always been very interested whether these can actually compare the the real DMM...

Anyway, HNPD

I wish I could give a better comparison but my only impressions of the real deal are through online demos. Like I said before, I have trouble believing that the EHX DMM is $200 better then the Behringer. I could be wrong, but I honestly have no desire to pursue the real deal after getting this.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.