Page 1 of 3
And the worst part of it all, it was at Community College...and I'm 21...and they called my mom. I have the "Into the Mouth of Hell We March" shirt and on the back it has the lyrics from the song "Dear God The ****ing Ship Is Sinking." Well, I'm pretty sure it was my super conservative math teacher who let the Dean of Student Services know about the shirt. Apparently it violates the "Student Code of Conduct" and if I refuse to abide by the rule I could face expulsion. Its not like its derogatory or anything, its song lyrics. My personal opinion is that it violates my first amendment right to freedom of speech.

So, Pit, I'm curious as to what you think.
what kind of pussy college do you go to
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
It's a community college. You don't HAVE to go there, so I'm pretty sure you have to follow their rules brochan.

On a side note, when I first saw that shirt at their show, I laughed incredibly hard. Then I found out those were the actual lyrics. Then it was even more hilarious.
well, its not really violating ur 1st ammendment rights, because it is its own place and therefore since ur on their property, their rules apply to you. or else id have a shirt that said "**** SHAKESPERE".
Haha. The my name was just something I made up. I'm actually a really big Metallica fan...not so much load, reload, or st. anger...which is all mostly ghey. Thanks for answering my question tho.
You could not wear the shirt and continue to go there or wear the shirt and leave. It's their campus, follow their rules.

Seems simple enough.
Do school-mandated uniforms violate the first amendment?

Hint: I already know the answer to this question and am using it as a point.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Its a PUBLIC college tho. Tax payer dollars fund this place. Therefore, I'm sure that this is absolute hogwash.
Uh.. blog? I think you probably signed something saying you would agree with the code of conduct, and maybe you should abide by the rule.
Uniforms aren't necessarily exclusive to private schools.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
lol at your college

and they called your mum? ahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by MetallicaIsGhey
Yes, I am paying to go there. Therefore I should be able to wear what I want, correct?

Nope. You are choosing to pay. You could just as easily give your money to a school who will allow you to wear that shirt. By paying them I think you're acknowledging their rules and are agreeing to follow them.
I HIGHLY doubt that they cared about the band.

Yes, I could choose to go to another school, which I do. I go to Central Michigan University where **** like this isn't a ****ing issue. I disagree that by me paying there I "agree" to follow their rules.
Quote by MetallicaIsGhey
And the worst part of it all, it was at Community College...and I'm 21...and they called my mom. I have the "Into the Mouth of Hell We March" shirt and on the back it has the lyrics from the song "Dear God The ****ing Ship Is Sinking." Well, I'm pretty sure it was my super conservative math teacher who let the Dean of Student Services know about the shirt. Apparently it violates the "Student Code of Conduct" and if I refuse to abide by the rule I could face expulsion. Its not like its derogatory or anything, its song lyrics. My personal opinion is that it violates my first amendment right to freedom of speech.

So, Pit, I'm curious as to what you think.

hey you missspelled gay in your name,
your college must really suck as well as being really gay... i mean ghey.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Sep 11, 2009,
there is a code of conduct and the only way i can see you getting in trouble is if the professor feels that the shirt itself is offensive to him and others, which it really isn't. stop giving the guy such a hard time. it's not like it's a ****ing catholic USC type school. i went to community college no one ever gave me ****.

anyways, lmao wtf? i wore my number of the beast shirt in high school a bunch of times and it said 666 on the back lol
Class of 2010

University of California, Santa Barbara
hey TS, read the constitution

1st amendment applies to the federal government (state in some cases due to 14th Amendment) not private property
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Am I the only one here who has never listened to Trivium?
Quote by blackthought
I wouldn't feel safe sitting in a room with a Trivium fan. That shit's contagious.

are they really that bad?
Utah's Token Black Guy
Quote by MetallicaIsGhey
I HIGHLY doubt that they cared about the band.

Yes, I could choose to go to another school, which I do. I go to Central Michigan University where **** like this isn't a ****ing issue. I disagree that by me paying there I "agree" to follow their rules.

So why don't you go there instead?

Edit:
Quote by cpt_pimp

anyways, lmao wtf? i wore my number of the beast shirt in high school a bunch of times and it said 666 on the back lol

That's because all that does is make you look like a silly goose.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Sep 11, 2009,
I do go there. I'm only taking this one class as CC because its cheaper. This doesn't mean that they can tell me what I can't wear, specifically because this is a public college.
Quote by codyadamscea

no

that is if you're deaf lolololol

srsly tho, they have their moments.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by MetallicaIsGhey
No, probably not. They're sweet tho so you should listen to them.

directed to me?
Utah's Token Black Guy
Quote by codyadamscea

yeah old trivium is legit, anything off of Ascendancy is legit.

other then that they wish they were metallica on the last 2 albums they've done.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by jetwash69
cry me a river, build a bridge, get over it

hey, thanks for being cool about it. Have fun with you Coldplay shirt you tool.
My uni doesn't seem to care about my Cannibal Corpse teeshirt with a torn-in-half-body performing cunnilingus on a mutilated woman...

Or the whole array of offensive band teeshirts I have. Your college sucks.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by wesselbindt
This is ridiculous, why would you get so worked up over not being allowed to wear a certain shirt?
Plus, you have to admit that the shirt is a bit insulting.

I'm pissed because I'm an adult being told what I can't wear. Thats crap and you know it. It doesn't matter if its insulting. I'm a Christian and I dont even find it insulting. Just because its insulting doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to wear it. Thats like making someone take down a painting of two people ****ing because its "insulting."
Quote by wesselbindt
This is ridiculous, why would you get so worked up over not being allowed to wear a certain shirt?
Plus, you have to admit that the shirt is a bit insulting.

How is reference to a ship sinking offensive?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Page 1 of 3