if you cut into the body of a guitar to make room for the 9v batts (for an 18v mod), will it change anything about the guitar itself like its sound or anything? im talking making room for 4 9v batts for an 18v mod for both neck and bridge active humbucker
Last edited by PittsPeng at Sep 11, 2009,
Technically it will change the sound a bit, but with active pickups, it should be very hard to tell, if possible at all
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
err, 4, 9v batterys?

why?

afaik you only need 2, per pickup set...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by PittsPeng
if you cut into the body of a guitar to make room for the 9v batts (for an 18v mod), will it change anything about the guitar itself like its sound or anything? im talking making room for 4 9v batts for an 18v mod for both neck and bridge active humbucker

What? 4? No wonder you can't fit your batteries in! You're supposed to connect BOTH pickups to the battery or batteries. You only need 1 pair of batteries connected together in series for an 18v mod.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
What? 4? No wonder you can't fit your batteries in! You're supposed to connect BOTH pickups to the battery or batteries. You only need 1 pair of batteries connected together in series for an 18v mod.

ahh thanks. in the 18v mod thread it wasnt really said. gosh i feel stupid now

thanks for the help ppl